Would you leave/take a break from college to work for a company instead?

I've been interning at this company over the summer, and recently they offered me a very attractive full-time position. The thing is, I still have a year of college left. I have to finish my degree at some point, but at the same time this is the exact company I would love to work for, a top competetor in the industry, and I'm really reluctant to give up the opportunity. Also, I'd get paid. A lot, for someone just starting out. So I'm really not sure what to do. Who knows if this chance will still be there in a year. I have six weeks to figure it out and give them an answer.

I'm talking to my parents about it too, but yeah, just looking for other perspectives/advice.

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I would.

What Guys Said 2

• I didn't, but you should absolutely go on a year of co-op or summer work in the field that you are majoring in. If it goes successfully, you have a much better chance of being hired as a full-time employee when you graduate.

• Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now, and I've been offered a full-time position. Issue is I haven't finished school yet...

• They will likely wait for you to finish school. Lots of job offers happen while you are in school. Talk to them about accepting the offer but also still finishing school.

• Yes I would do that

What Girls Said 3

• Please take the job. I know 3 guys who graduated from college with 3.7 / 4.0 or 4.0 out of 4.0 who were NOT able to find jobs afterwards because they did not have work experience. Work is more important than school.

• nope i enjoy studying full time and working part time. it fits my life best.

• I did just that.