Does time seem to go faster/slower/at the same rate as you age?

Somebody told me that time seems slower to him as he gets older, but most people tell me it goes faster. I'm 19 and I feel like this year is going by faster than any other year of my life. It's already half over.

• Faster
  • Slower
  • Remaining constant

Most Helpful Guy

• Time seems to go faster because I receive a never ending flow of information, difficult to manage because of it's sheer size. During the sixties, I'd start my day by going to he reading room of the Uni library and read say 5 newspapers. Later I had barely time to glance at 3 papers.
    Now I get 10 or 15 on my smartphone, with regular updates.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the less stress and conflict and weakness and humility you feel - the faster time goes by. When I was a young child with a ton of problems - time went by extremely slow. Now that my problems are disappearing I find that times go by a lot faster than in previous years.

• I'm 19 too and I've noticed the same! I think it's because our lives are getting busier and busier while we grow up so we will experience it this way probably until we have achieved some stability/routine in our career- & private lives etc.. It's like time stretches like chewing gum when you've got nothing to do and for me visits to the dentist as a child could last entire decades lol

• This year is too slow for me. I'm counting minutes :(

What Guys Said 7

• when you're 8 , the past year was 1/8th of your life and when you're 20 a year is 1/20th. At 30 its 1/30 so as you get oldera year is still a year but compared to how long you've been alive it feels like less.

• Think of this if a person is only 1 year old the time it takes to reach 2 is double his/her life. An 11 year old has 10 years or nearly double his life to reach 21. As you are 19 its only 2 years till 21 and that's only 1/10 of your life a reasonable wait. Makes sense?

• I think it should seem to go faster for everyone. Cause the older you get, the shorter a year is in proportion to the rest of your life.

• Dude when I was 6 I could barely sit around in one place for 30 minutes, now an hour feels like 10 minutes, it is scary :(

• I think it slows down as you get older.

• time flies faster once you have a career. Why? Because it is the same routine over and over. If you want to slow down time. You have to do new things and switch around. When you have a routine, your brain kind of just fast forwards through the event.

• It seems to go faster because the older you get that year you just lived is a smaller fraction of your whole life Ex: A 1 yr old turns 2 that second years is 1/2 of his total life were as a 30 yr old turns 31 that year represents a 1/31 of his life