Would you feel hurt if your ex said they regretted ever dating you?

Even if you don't want them back, would it still bother you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I think it would hurt me quite a bit. It would also just make me sad for the both of us. I think that's a very childish and immature way of dealing with a break-up. I don't regret having dated any of my previous girlfriends although I wouldn't want any of them back. Almost all of them are actually very good, decent and sweet girls. It just didn't work out between us for different reasons. With one girl it didn't work out because we are very different people, with another it didn't work out because we dated when I was living in America and had to move back to my home country after a little more than a year etc.. I really don't regret having had any of my ex-girlfriends. Not even that one girl where I still today wonder how I could have ever liked her. All of them (and maybe especially that last one) taught me A LOT about love, about relationships, about friendship, about sexuality and most importantly: about myself. Through dating these girls (who were all very different from each other) I've learned what I like and what I don't like, what's important to me and how I should act in certain situations. I have now been together with current girlfriend for almost 5 years and I believe one very important reason why we're still together is because both of us have dated several people before (my girlfriend even more than me). It's like with say... building a house yourself. Most people can't build a house themselves just like that. We all have to learn it. And every relationship teaches us a different skill that is in some way very important. One ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend might teach you how to build the walls, another will teach you how to tile the floor, yet another taught you how to install the electricity. All these things are relevant in their own way. And only by learning all these skills can you one day say "thanks to all this help, I now know how to build a house (meaning how to build a healthy relationship)". So no, I don't regret any of my previous relationships. I am deeply thankful to all my ex-girlfriends. They've made me into a better, more mature person. And it's still that way with my current girlfriend. We generally have a very peaceful and harmonious relationship but I'm glad we have a fight once in a while. Fights are necessary in a good relationship. They can make a relationship stronger. All you need to know is HOW to fight a good fight. And that is, among other things, also something I've learned with my ex-girlfriends.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes that would hurt to hear that

• no because i feel the same way lol

• Given the way that cunt treats people, I'm pretty sure one of her new exes would have killed her by now. I'd be surprised if she was still alive to say that to me.

To directly answer your question, no, it wouldn't bother me at all.

What Girls Said 8

• At first, yea I would. But then I would remember that the innability of someone to see your worth doesn't decrease it. Really. You either hurt him in some sort of way that he wants to make you suffer as much, or he just needs some ego-pump by bringing you down.

• No, because people often say things to try to hurt their ex after a break- up. Plus, the feeling will be mutual.

• Not in the least. I would bust a gut laughing😄😀😄😀

• I don't think they'd be surprised at that statement.

• yes it would..

• i mean yeah! but words can only truly affect you if you let them. As long as you didn't regret it, that it what matters.

• No, because they're lying, because at one point they really liked dating you, they liked being with you and enjoying time with you, they just say things ike that to upset you.

• Not at all.