Is it bad that I don't have time to spend with my girlfriend or kid anymore?

For the past year i landed a good job but the downfall is i only see my daughter on Saturday and Sunday. I always work overtime and my girlfriend has been getting mad at me because she says i value money more than her and our little girl. I told her that i have to support our family and i can always spend time with our daughter in the future (Our daughter is 2 years old). When i said this she got mad at me and is now refusing to talk to me. I told her that she is acting like a 2 year old then we got into a big argument.

Should i take some time off of work? Should i apologize for saying those things to her or should she apologize? She has been getting really moody with me lately. My girlfriend work too but less hours than me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to take her emotions in consideration, understand how she feels and offer your deepest regards in not being able to spend time with them. If she "feels" that you miss her, want to spend more time with the family and love them dearly. It will make her feel better.

Once you do this, now you can switch to Logic / realistic reasoning. The nuts and bolts is that right now the money is important and that you doing this for the future for the family and that you have to sacrifice this time.

- offer some plans / solutions to spend with everyone. She will feel better know how much you care and that you want the same as she does.

• I will take some time off work and not do overtime. i will spend time with both my girls more.

• "my girlfriend has been getting mad at me because she says i value money more than her and our little girl."

She just wants to know you feel the same. Logically she understand too, she's just looking for emotional validation.

If i were in your shoes i do the same "Do you think i want to be working rather than spend time with you guys?" But this leads to her being hurt. It's tough because as a male, we think logic and reasoning first.

• yeah, my girlfriend loves spending time with me and i have not brought her out on a date for about 2 months (longest ever for us), but now is where the work really comes in. But i will make time for her and my little girl. i'll take some time off work

What Girls Said 2

• I really think u should apologize and take some time off work... She needs to feel that u care about her and your daughter 😊 she needs to feel her daddy around with her 😃 good luck !

• I took time off work, and will be spending more time with them. My girlfriend is happy now :)

• thanks, i feel we're bonding more now :)

• Welcome and that's really. Great to know 😃 don't let ur work distract u from ur beloved ones 😊🙅

• It is bad. Your wife misses you and she thinks that your presence would be a positive impact for your daughter. Please, consider putting them first, otherwise you will end up unhappy. Learn to prioritize.

• gf* not wife... yet at least :) I have decided to spend more time with her and my little girl, i will take time off work

• thanks

• You're welcome.

What Guys Said 6

• It depends do you really need to work those hours to pay the bills - Once you hit that line when you are comfortable, the hardest thing to work out is your work/life balance. I would not apportion blame maybe sit down and have a think about how many hours do you have to do and what you want out of life financially and non financially.

• You should spend more time with your family. Work less hours, sure, it may make you earn less money, but in the future you'll be glad to have spent more time with your family than at work. You'll be glad to have seen your little daughter grow up. Kids need both of their parents, even at a young age, they need that affection from both.

• I guess i can make some time

• C'mon man... your grown up and you have a almost fully developed brain and is this a question to ask? You must spare some time with your family and that includes your self and your family members. Go get a day off, take them to the zoo or some theme park. Please, no boring movies etc... Just do something which will totally turn their mind and show them that your more than what they think.
    P. s if your job is fully tight.. switch to another job because family = happiness. Not money.
    So always protect your family :)
    Good luck... Cheers :)

• you should apologize and either take time off or make your daughter understand that you have to work and can't always be at home but you're not avoiding her. lastly try to make your time with them count

• I think i will make time, take some time off of work

• You need to make time and prioritize

• Wants more time with you.
    Refuses to speak to you when mad.

Women logic at its finest.

• i know right

• Anyway, it's up to you. She has made it clear to you what the consequences are, it's your call to do something with it or not.
      Personally I'd make sure to give the kid some time. Kids need attention, it's extremely important.

• i will take time off of work