Why do Atheists hate Christians so much?

Oh, wait... here's why

Most Helpful Guy

• The INCREDIBLY sad thing is that it's mostly American evangelical Christian groups that spread this brand of Christianity to Uganda after realizing they lost the culture war in America.

www.nytimes.com/.../04uganda.html?_r=0

www.thedailybeast.com/.../...-christian-mafia.html

If you want to know more look up the conservative political group called The Family. They're the ones behind financing the anti-homosexuality bill to get homosexuals hanged in Uganda. Really fucked up people.

I have to say though as an atheist I don't hate Christians. I don't hate anyone. I do dislike groups like The Family who use their religion to justify hatred and killing of sexual minorities. The fact that they identify as Christian doesn't matter to me in the slightest. If I think something is wrong or people are treated unjustly I'll say so. I think this particular brand of fundamentalist Christianity is disgraceful and if I was a Christian I'd probably be ashamed of their behavior.

What Girls Said 7

• Stereotyping. It's great for some to do it, then they complain when others do it to them. Typical.

Yes, I am a Christian. I would NEVER behave in such a way. This movie is extreme and is spreading more ignorance. It only shows one way. This leads people to believe that ALL Christians behave the same way. THAT is why people "hate" christians. Many many people are very closed-minded and that is a big problem. This trailer struck me as very harsh and I had some resentful feelings. What stopped me from continuing further with those feelings is that I AM a Christian and I tend to be open-minded as much as possible. I know how to stop myself from allowing my feelings to fester and to reconsider those feelings. (Well, unless it's the wrong time of month, of course.) As a Christian, I know the depths of how others practice their beliefs and I understand why. My beliefs are MY beliefs and I don't TRY to push them on others. Do I believe in homosexuality for myself? No. I do have homosexual friends and family (1 person), though. I accept them for who they are. Christianity teaches that we are to love unconditionally and that we have no place to judge. There is only one judge. We are to "hate the sin, not the sinner". This is where people get confused in religion. That's where they believe they need to stop the person from sinning. No! We are to not practice the sin for OURSELVES, but continue to love those who do sin. We all sin in different ways. One sinner is not greater than another. None of us are above any other. What I personally don't like is when people get so ticked and judgmental with Christians while spreading falsehoods about them to get others to treat them the same, but they fail to realize that they are behaving the same as the one they acuse. This is the first that I am hearing of this movie and I have no clue who the director/writer is, but based on these scenes, I can pretty much conclude that they are against Christians and want others to feel the same. I don't respect people like that. I DO respect the person responsible for God's Not Dead. That person is not a Christian, but he is open-minded enough to be considerate and show other possibilities. Just because someone doesn't believe in something, doesn't mean they need to bash people that do w/ an attempt to spread hate. Do I agree with what these people are doing in this video? Absolutely not. They would be better to spread their time in efforts to help people with medicine, food, etc. LOVE!

• So, I heard about the terrible lengths Uganda is going to to persecute people. Later, I found out the cause. The people who went there and spread hate, yes hate, should be ashamed of themselves and I don't know how anyone could live with the guilt.

Terrible deed done by this group of evangelical Christians.

• Hate christians? I'm an atheist, and I wouldn't say I do.

Do I dislike some? Sure.
    The ones who try to push their religion on you.

I've met a lot of good christians, so there's no reason to hate them all, just because they're christian.. >_>

• Lol wtf is this shit.

• hate is never a good thing.

• What! Such an ignorant statement. First My parents were not that old. You understand that you were talking the late 30's for annexation. Hitler youth groups were illegal in Austria prior to annexation so there were very very few people involved and this would have been the late 1920's. Being teens in the 20's would put them in their mid 100's now. I can tell you did not learn your maths. And my parents are dead
      You also know little of Hitler youth. It was an illegal group in Austria. In contrast the Hitler youth in Germany was mandatory and did not reflect a teens views.
      It is hard to believe the lack of education inherent in some people's lives.

• I don't hate christians, I dislike hateful, idiotic bigots, who use God to justify their resentment. Some christians are good people, and some are bad people. Being a christian doesn't make you a good person, being a good person reflects through your actions and opinions.
    Just like being an atheist, doesn't necessarily make you intelligent or educated. Some atheists are horrible human beings, just like some religious people are.

• Not all atheists hate Christians. I don't. If they do they have had bad experiences and they are judging them based upon that. I mean it takes a lot of maturity to look past that stuff so I guess that is why. But seriously not all of us are like that.

• Not all atheists hate christians and not all christians hate atheists.

What Guys Said 13

• I'd heard of this movie before and bits and pieces of people talking about it, but this is the first I've actually seen of the trailer.

Wow, what a horrible situation. I never liked missionaries, but fuck me, I had no idea they didn't just go no good - they actually do harm to the cultures they visit.
    Might actually watch this movie when it comes out.

• Pfft, Bible bashing ***** ****** **** ****** **** **** ****** ******** **** ***** indonctrinating a third world nation with their lies and causing genocide...
    ''Religion is peaceful''... my arse it is...

• This type of message doesn't help. The moment you use the word "hate" it becomes an attack on Christians and they stop listening. There is a difference between an atheist and an antitheist. An atheist just doesn't believe in God. An antithesist hates theism. It is possible to be both, or just one of them. This is not an atheist message, it is an antithesist message.

• It says in the bible that you can judge a tree by it's fruit. (Luke 6:43) If that is true when the fruit of Christianity is hatred, murder, intolerance, bigotry, destruction, and expansionism. The tree is sick, and needs to be pruned. I'm not athirst, I am Pagan fro the record.

• A lot of non religious don't mind religious people - It is live and let live - If some religious are zealots, it doesn't mean all religious are zealots.

• Same thing as why Christians hate Muslims.
    https://youtu.be/NsKaCS3CtsY

• I've always wondered if people like the actual firefighters that lived through 9/11 have seen all this kind of shit on Youtube.

• Seeing as so many of the fire fighters have been caught scamming the system for claiming be be sick from surviving 9/11 when they weren't sick at all, I don't really don't think people care anymore about if a fire fighter is offended by them.

• Yeah to be honest I'm more offended by your grammar.

• Im athiest and i dont hate christians. I honestly just worry about myself and not worry about other people, especially for religoua reasosn lol.

• That is not a clear representation of most Christians. Just like the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful and wonderful people. You have extremes in anything.

• According to atheists though, atheists are the most hated group there is. People hate atheists worse than they hate ISIS. Including the atheists themselves. Let that sink in.

• they don't...

• I don't hate Christians in particular, I dislike all religions equally.

• Most" atheists" like you aren't really atheists. Just anti Christian. Ok so that's one place so you decide to hate everyone in the entire world. Real mature of you. And this is why people don't like atheir

• Atheists*

• Yeah, I don't think non-religious people are to blame for any laws asking for the death of an individual based on the way they were born, so I can say I have a strong distaste for those who do. It's more likely that there are life on other planets in this vast universe than to say "Well, magical fairy sky man made all these ridiculous rules to abide by, even though we've never seen him". The Big Bang has more traction than that... we also can't disprove the existence of leperchauns, should we not be so "close minded" and take that into consideration as well?

• To answer your first point. Racism? Lot's of people were killed for the way they we're born. Being more likely doesn't mean anything. You don't even know how big the universe is to say that. Read that in a book and you instantly believed it? Not seeing the difference again. There could be life on every single planet in our solar system and the government could know. All they have to do is tell us there isn't and we all believe. Believing what your leader tells you with no proof? How dare you? No difference again.

• Hmm.. Hate is NEVER a good thing?
    Why don't you look up special pleading before demonstrating your stupidity.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/special-pleading

You are exactly why some Christians hate atheists.
    And TWO people can play that game you dolt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPqqp8KVuQU

Its a good thing atheists get owned in debates constantly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MISdBt-v4lI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIE1iPBYyDY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yzTKEafJzk

• I agree with your message, but not your examples. I would say that the one titled "this is an atheists nightmare", is more inline with why atheists have a problem with Christians. The person asking the questions, didn't have even a basic understanding of science or how evolution works. In fact with the knowledge of positive and negative energy, it may actually be possible to get something from nothing as you can start with zero, and end up with -100 and +100, as Stephen Hawking has already shown.

In the last one he just wasn't good at debating. The stars are a bunch of explosions that create new elements, and even warm the nearby planets that can create life. So nature clearly can create explosions creating more order and complexity. The idea of a car evolving is so dumb that he shouldn't have entertained the idea. Cars don't have DNA that mutate nor can they reproduce. So they were just a bad example.

• @Bravo, of course it is, it's ALWAYS simpler to pull divine theory into everything that hasn't already been explained by science, we've been doing that for centuries. It doesn't mean it's correct.

• Also, the atheist argument goes—the probability of such things occurring naturally is very low…but with enough time, and even a slight probability, what is there to prevent virtually anything from happening? But this atheist reasoning makes some very grave oversights. First of all, bare probability and large amounts of time, alone, cannot accomplish anything, ever. Period.

Does this seem like too strong a statement? It is not. Probability and time can never accomplish anything without 1) a causal mechanism and 2) an underlying structure, or order.