Do you ever stay up super late and watch the samurai dramas that come on?

very showa retro from like the 70s/80s or something

Most Helpful Girl

• I have actually done that with friends even though we live in Europe .
    Samurai dramas are pretty hilarious & fun to watch, especially with company.
    I admit that I am a fan. These movies make me feel like I am stoned.

What Guys Said 8

• When I was younger (16 - 22) I did a little bit of that. A lot of the shows were poorly dubbed / subtitled. Some were subtitled in English but dubbed for a different foreign audience, so they talked really fast or slow to try to match the mouths.

It was around this time I also was experimenting with anime. Today, it's quite the vice in my life, haha. I mean as a time sink (I do NOT watch hentai).

• American Westerns are, in many respects, Samurai dramas. A Fistful of Dollars actually is, being a remake Yojimbo. I do not look at the Japanese dramas but I do watch Westerns. Even Cowboys and Aliens (my icon) was one warrior pitted against enormous odds.

• No, I've never been a big fan of such movies... I'm more into either realistic movies, war movies, action or a good thriller.
    My favourite movie is Apollo 13. For being 100% realistic and dramatized in a nice way. I was watching with my eyes and mouth wide open the first time I saw it :-)

• Sometimes late at night they show old japanese films

• No because I don't have cable lol, I do watch em on netflix though.

• ... Life is interesting in Japan.

• Nope I sleep early don't watch any show or dramas in late night

• Yeah but i watch them on youtube

What Girls Said 4

• I saw a very funny Kung Fu show the other night when I had difficulty sleeping. It was called Kung Fu Hustle.

And I saw an excellent drama/action film called the Warrior's Way

• T. V is something I don't watch no more... If I do I watch it Novelas aka drama in my laptop 💻 ...

• I would love to but they don't show any T_T

• What is a samurai drama?