Do you feel as though you conform to societies expectations?

Nowadays it seems as if people are becoming people they are not in a sense they are changing the way they dress to "fit in", listening to certain types of music to seem "cool", losing too much weight, wearing too much make-up, the need to have muscly bodies (guys). I'm a 17 year old female and I feel so pressured to act and look a certain way. So, do you fel as if you're conforming to societies expectations? or nah?

• YES
  • A LITTLE BIT
  • NO

Most Helpful Guy

• People that don't conform at all are seen as socially awkward. So it is better to conform at least a little. The less you conform the more of a social outcast you will become. That said you don't want to pretend to be someone else, otherwise you won't be happy. You have to try and find a balance that works for you.

What Guys Said 8

• I try to be an individual as much as possible

• Who cares for society i dont give a fuck i do bodybuilding coz i like it not because i wamt to fit it in i like to socialize coz i want to not because societt wants me too i love rock music coz i like it not becoz of bloody society i just can change myself becoz of society some people do changes to fit in while some are like me!!

• I don't think I do. if anything I think I sometimes stubbornly rebel against societal expectations or ignore them to a point

• No, people keep telling me I have to socialize and make friends. But I refuse to make friends and socialize with people.

• Society expects you to say "NO"
    to think people would answer this honestly hmpfff
    to be honest, i have conformed for so long up until recently

and if you answered "a little bit" you have

• I like to live my life how I want to. Society is always changing and we need to change as an individual ourselves the more unique the better I say.

Like I want to fall for a girl with there own personality not a replica plastic copy of society and its standards. Wheres the fun in that.

• Nope, not at all. And I don't mind. It makes it harder for me to find a girlfriend, but it'll be all the more special once I do find one.

• I do the complete opposite

What Girls Said 4

• Meh... I shave my legs but otherwise I p much do what I want. Life is so much better after high school.

• People love boxes. They love putting themselves and ot he r people in boxes. That's how our brains are wired. I care what other people think, but not enough to actually try to do anything to be a normal 15 year old girl. I'd rather go to the indie coffee shop downtown and talk to strangers about things like gardening than go to the mall with my friends any day. I dress kind of weird and burn a lot of incense. I don't know man. I think 90% of the population is painfully boring and dull. I'd rather be me than them.

• Not entirely. I'm not rude to people in school to be seen as "cool" and I don't try to be popular either. I'm also not an extrovert.

• never... societies still have outdated systems they follow and they try to poison other people with their negative beliefs.