Belly dancing attractive?

I want to learn more about belly dancing. I've been practicing, but I'm wondering if guys see it as a weird thing. Also, would I have the body to belly dance? You can see more pics of me from previous questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's so much fun, and it makes you feel beautiful and seductive. I did online lessons then I took a class in college and am taking another this fall that involves finger cymbals :)

It's definitely a myth that you have to be skinny to belly dance. Belly dance is a dance, and just like all dances it's about expression, not body.

However, because belly dance moves areas in ways to accentuate a woman's body, it makes me feel powerful and beautiful. And it boosts my confidence.

My boyfriend thinks it's nice. But I don't dance for him often. Right now I'm building my technique and knowledge of the dance so I can bust into a shimmy and aswan and all the other moves my teacher told me the name of but I forgot haha. Anyways, to me belly dance isn't about being sexual, it's about feeling beautiful and in control of my body.

Best of luck on your belly dance journey :)

• That's so cool!! And I feel it's definitely a confidence builder and good body control practice. I hope to do belly dancing in college, cause I love dancing.

• Thanks for mho. :) Best of luck again!

• You're welcome!

What Guys Said 8

• I think you have the body for it and I say it would be fun

• Yes, i like belly dancers, i should watch some on Youtube

• judgin by yer profile pic u might pass as a belly-dancer although tbh, belly dancing never been my thing

• Thank you! And I love the more unique dancing like Line dancing and oriental dances. Belly dancing would be a new area, and it takes a lot of body control and muscles!

• I love watching breakdancing! I think it's pretty cool that someone can have that much body control. :D

• hahaha i've tried in da past... not so hard actually :)

• Sure it is

• It can be attractive...
    And you belly dancing... might be a good combination

• Yes it is attractive. Belly dancing, G-strings, self confidence and I'm sold.

• Haha I wouldn't ever wear that. I feel it would also boost my confidence!

• Yes very very attractive and sexual

• Lol I was just going for the really graceful slow dances. But it is mesmerizing. Even me as a girl I liked watching belly dancers. (Not bi at all)

• well they can be very sexy if done the right way, otherwise it's just meh

• I agree

• Belly dancing looks amazing; It's truly mesmerizing. You'd be great for it.

What Girls Said 4

• i think many men like it

• i m not a big fan

• I think it's really attractive :)
    In my country (Turkey), belly dancing like a traditional dance :)

• It depends. No offense, but when girls have a lot of fat on their stomachs and hips, it's kind of distracting and takes away from the art of hip/joint movement. If you're going to belly dance it's really important that you build technique unlike a lot of belly dancers who are just wearing a lot of make-up, a cute outfit, a flirty smile and have grade-C dance moves. You don't want to come off as one of those girls who just belly dances to be flirty and get attention but the best thing about your performance can be imitated (makeup/clothing)

• Interesting opinion! I don't wear makeup, so that shouldn't be a problem. I really like the slow dances that are really graceful.

I just saw belly dancers at a renaissance fair, and the 3 were older ladies with much excess belly fat. It was Very distracting. I hope to have the right body. I love the body control you need to make the dance fluid.

• @Gojira, I think she's just saying no offense to people who do belly dancing, and have excess fat. Or for people who may have excess fat and are thinking of belly dancing. I don't think it was directed right to me.

• Ah ok. Thanks 👍