Why do they call professional gamers Aesthetes?

I love watching Professional Gaming mostly League of Legends... but I really wish they would stop calling them athletes or Esports. I love it because I know its hard to play team based games with specialized team compositions counters and out plays but I think it hurts the player based when companies are trying to legitemize it as a sport or atheletes. If I was Double Lift, Bjergensen or Wild Turtle and some one called me an Athele i'd be very prudent and just say.. No.. I just love to play games i'm no athelete. Is it the companies trying to make money by trying to label it a sport? I think it hurts the professional gaming in the eyes of the general public when ESPN does cover stories on Faker (Korean League of Legend player) comparing him to Lebron, Wayne Gretsky or Tom Brady. I can't seriously belief any professional gamer sitts there thinking... yeah I'm an Athelete. Those the labels the media and the companies are giving their employees.. yes they play for professional teams but are technically employees of the game developers, hurt the Professional Gamin image... when it's forcing it to be a sport?

wow such a bad type Athletes
HBO Realsports on League of Legends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Box01YzekaQ
ESPN commentator pissed off about Games on ESPN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N1ntWXf7rg

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• Never heard of that term

What Guys Said 6

• I wouldn't consider it a sport but lets see what becomes the norm.

• Lol gaming a sport I'm a slight competitive gamer myself but considering ourselves athletes is just hilarious and a shame on sports, Might as well make mastubaition a sport xD

• Maybe a future olympic event who knows

• They do? I've never heard that termed used on professional nerd games

• They don't. Only a knob would do that.

• Never heard of it tbh