This site seriously needs updating. Agree?

You can't edit or delete your comments. And with your posts you can only delete them after a certain amount of time. Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think what needs updating is the way someone's genuine question about another GAGer is dismissed by moderators/admins as a non question. It was not a non question, it was MY question and I was hoping for an answer, however slim the chances might be. It was labelled as (I think) something like not relevant. It was certainly relevant to me! More relevant that the incessant "Rate Me" questions.

So, for someone like me, who has always tried his best to reply to questions in the best way he can with a full and detailed reply, to be treated like this is so disheartening. I wonder now whyI came back so quickly after leaving.

Any moderators like to comment?

• Maybe this comment will go down like a lead balloon and I will get banned!

• To answer a bit further, I think the facility to edit typos like I made above would be nice, but not to delete a whole question or comment.

What Guys Said 10

• I am guessing you can't delete or edit posts on this question as a way of keep the site a bit more honest. Otherwise you could post really offensive things and once they had seen it edit it or delete it so you don't get your account deactivated. I am guessing that is why they have done this.

• Pretty sure it's deliberate.

The features you mention are basic, and could be easily implemented if desired.

This is a question and answer site. With deletion and editing, valuable information could go missing.

It has a social focus and is gamified, so the aim is to get people to add more and more content, rather than obsessing with their past submissions.

• I think the fear is that people would constantly change their post to get to top of the live feed

• yes. for example i think you should need a proper reason to block people... not just to get rid of opinions you don´t "like" xD

• Nah i like it the way it is

• GAG dictates and impose their updates.. Without our consents... I don't expect anything good from them.. :/

• I wouldn't like it if they'd get deleted

• Should give one chance to edit our submitted opinion on each post

• Yes a edit or delete option will really make things easy. Can something be done about it?

• I actually like this format, simple, clean and easy to use all I can ask for in a site

What Girls Said 6

• I like that the site doesn't let you delete things. If you something to someone in real life, you can't delete it. Why should GaG be any different?

• I agree with you.

• Editing your own opinions would be nice, no?

• Some people don't want other people do be able to delete their comments. That's why. lots of people will misuse that feature

• There will be more cons than pros with that feature and I think that is why they have not added it.

• I agree because I get embarrassed about typos