I don't understand how the Garden of Eden makes sense?

I believe it was mistranslated from the original Hebrew text. It is actually the "fruit of all knowledge". If we gained knowledge by eating the fruit, why would we be inclined to sin? Wouldn't that actually be a loss of knowledge if we were perfect before that?

Genesis 3:22

"Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"

WHO IS US? No, it is not the trinity. I have researched that.

Sounds like the "Lord" doesn't want us to be enlightened. That is called hypocrisy. It's a sin when we do it, but not when he does it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people believe the story of the tree of good and evil was an explanation for how evil entered the world. I do NOT believe that this is the purpose of the story. I believe this is one prophetic allegory out of hundreds and thousands of prophetic allegories in the bible and the purpose of the passage is to tell us we should not discriminate between good and evil when we see somebody - we should love everybody whether they are good or evil, smart or stupid, good looking or ugly, fast thinking or slow thinking, rich or poor, popular or unpopular, hard working or lazy. God wants you to love everybody without discriminating between one trait and another. The reward for living this way is that you die a painless death, have LESS pain in child birth but not a completely painless birth, and work at a job you love instead of doing something you hate to avoid starving to death.

What Girls Said 2

• Just one reason why my religion doesn't believe in the trinity being one person.

• What do you mean? That's not what they meant there though

• Haha sorry :P

• No worries. You are a complex soul. I like that.

• You can refer the quran bout the story of adam and hawa (eve). 'Us' is the satan. Care to tell me what u have learnt after u read bout it. 😄

• God said "us" though

• Just google adam and hawa story. You are asking. So I'm just giving a solution for you. Sometimes, different religion has many different beliefs and interpretation. And the muslims believe that bible was a book given to Prophet Isa (Jesus) by God and had been modified by human throughout the period of time. Some might change.

What Guys Said 8

• You have way too much in your hands dude

• The study of the book of Genesis is an interesting study for sure. There were always angels with God. They started knowing only good, some came to know evil and these were the fallen angels. After they ate of the tree mankind would always have knowledge about what path to take good or evil. You see that to this day. People choose what path to take, some chose evil and the fallen ones, others chose good like God and the angels who did not fall.

• You're right about one thing, the Lord does not want us to be enlightened. Read Genesis chapter 11 verses 1-10 about the Tower of Babel. The people of the Earth were all of one tongue and one culture and they tried to build a tower to reach the Heavens. God scattered them across the earth and confused their speech because he feared what they could accomplish.

• You're forgetting the fact he created them lol

• You reference gnostic texts that were written hundreds of years later. That's like saying me writing about Abraham Lincoln's assassination will be credible 5000 years from now

• One of the many reasons I left my religion no logic whatsoever

• The fruit of all knowledge represents the process of ape becoming man, gaining the knowledge of morality and ethics.

Why isn't "us" the trinity?

• You would not find any sense in it because a lot of stories in it have no sense.

• Many meanings are changed when Hebrew is translated to English and this can be very misleading. You should get someone who studies Biblical Hebrew to explain.

• God was talking to his holy council. They are mentioned in Revelations too. Jesus is on the holy council. There is no trinity though. That's just the devil wanting to be included with Jesus and God.