How do you think the universe came to exist?

How do you think the universe came to exist?Just wondering what other people's views are

One thing that I find funny is that everyone says Big Bang theory even though it's not even the leading scientific theory. I personally believe in the nebula theory, but that it was caused by God

Most Helpful Guy

• The universe is probably a mixture of Physics and Quantum Physics. I also trust that their is another undiscovered form of physics that controls black holes, dark matter, etc.

Lets take a second and throw science, religion, philosophy, and any other mind blocking knowledge out the window. I could get into a highly complicated rant that i won't even understand tomorrow morning #NightRants, anyway, i won't. Just think, everything i told you to forget about above, leads to a creator, Why? It is all knowledge created by humans, interpretation, Why? Because we all have a creator, that's our parents, does that mean we have to have one for the whole race? With my current ability to understand anything, i am going to say yes. I think everything points to a higher power, a creator, and that one power, is well, one power... Our mind is wired for hierarchy, and that is all we understand, if we listen to everyone else.

Just something to think about, enjoy the massive paragraph with run-on sentences. (Didn't check grammar by the way., idc)

• When you say everything leads to a creator, do you mean a personified creator? Like traits similar to humans or some other species that we define as intelligent?

Or do you mean creator in the sense that everything has a cause? As far as we know everything has a cause; we haven't found anything uncaused yet.

I understand how everything we know has a cause, but I don't understand how one can come to the conclusion that everything that is caused, was caused by a personified cause. There is nothing to suggest, at this time, that stars are formed under the guise of a personified cause.

Can you explain why you feel everything points to a personified creator, assuming that's what you're saying?

• I don't feel that answered anything I asked, but if you feel it did, can you more fully explain how it did?

Also, do you mind showing me your sources for where you are getting your information. I would like to read about it.

When you say multiple dimensions, do you mean multiple universes? We already know there are at least 3 dimensions: length, width, height. 4 if you count time. Super String Theory, and I'm sure the other competing theories, hypothesize more than 4 dimensions.

Everything technically has a purpose given it causes something else to happen, which as far as we know everything does. It's purpose is to cause something. No matter how small the cause is, the purpose is fulfilled. What does "an organized system of events that have a purpose" have to do with a creator?

Where did you read that we would find other universes with life within 50-100 years? And what does that have to do with singularity? Or a creator?

• I don't deny singularity is true, but just because something is mathematically proven doesn't mean it is how reality works. Math can be misleading, especially if you don't know where to look where you are being mislead.

Just because math doesn't have limits, doesn't mean life doesn't as well. Infinity doesn't always work well in relation to life. So I'm not sure how you can come to the conclusion of multiple universes because math has no limits.

I'm not saying what you said will be proven on not; I'm saying scientists have a long way to go. And I'm sure most of these theories/hypotheses will be modified quite a bit in the next 100 years.

What Girls Said 6

• I believe the universe is actually made from simple principles which have the illusion of complexity because we do not understand it. I also believe God created it all.

• I'm a creationist - God created the universe.

• I've always wondered the same.. If God created the universe, who created God? It's confusing.

• God...
    But of course scientist believe the "Big Bang theory"...

• The planets had sex and multiplied. Eventually, the planets needed a name for where they live, so the universe was named.

• big bang of course.

What Guys Said 13

• I only did a little reading regarding this, but I feel the Big Bang theory and the Nebula hypothesis aren't really competing with each other.

It sounds like the Nebula hypothesis precedes the Big Bang. Nebula is a cosmogony model, whereas Big Bang is a cosmology model.

I may be wrong. Do you have any sources of where you did your research, so I can read about them?

• Oh ya no problem I found most of my information here http://www.universetoday.com/77525/nebular-theory/

• I am actually really happy with how my question turned out and I think your probably right about us not currently having enough information to fully understand it. But it could be that the Big Bang started the formation and then the contents of the nebular theory came after and continued in forming solar systems and planets.

• Yeah that sounds like what the scientists are suggesting, so it's as good or better than anything else to believe.

• Actually this is a mistery I prefer not think about. I'm happy with the fact it exists and that's all.

• 0|0
  • I am no scientist but the only one I know is the big bang theory

• The Big Bang, but I truly believe that there's a creator of this universe and he caused the Big Bang.

• The nebula theory is a hypothesis of how a solar system is created not the whole universe as a whole. Both the Big Bang and Nebula theory can co-exist.

• How does that theory counter big bang? It would seem that it helps further the concept. Since it explains the creation of planets and stars.

• The big bang

• The big bang

• The big bang I believe

• The only thing we believe in are theories other people invented. No one knows man

• The big bang. Whatever it is, it will be found within 100 year, i promise.

• Big. Bang.
    And I mean REALLY big.