Will I get fired or just a warning?

My assistant manager caught me eating in the cooler, which he made a big deal by involving the store manager who then wrote a report as a warning. Now head office has been coming to visit our store almost every day during the past week. My head manager told me I won't get fired but it depends how head office views it. He can't guarantee anything but he doesn't think it'll happen. I went from working 5 days every week and now just 2 for this week. My boss says he thinks I need to calm down and refresh, because the entire week I was pretty stressed. But I'll probably be getting 4 days afterwards cause he thinks the work has burned me out. He said the only way to guarantee my stay is by performing really good. I've also heard my assistant manager will be getting a transfer but not sure if that's true (he was demoted before). Also this would be my first warning. Do you think I'll be getting fired?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sucks. I hate when they cut your hours because they think you're under performing. Like that's the worst shit, I'm sorry. All of this because you were eating? Lame. Just make sure you demonstrate you've learned your lesson and only eat during designated times and in designated areas. Inform him it was 100% your fault and you accept the repercussions and you will make sure it doesn't happen again. He won't fire you if you do that

What Girls Said 3

• I don't know what you do for a living but I think the odds they would fire you for that are very low. Most employees commit bigger transgressions then that. However if you work in food preparation or medicine - you could possibly get fired.

• You will get fired because he wants you fired. He's just looking for excuses. And it won't be hard for him to find them because he's looking for them

• just a warning maybe.

What Guys Said 2

• Since this is your first warning my guess would be you will not loose your job. However, I can't guarantee that of course. If I was in charge I would not be firing you over this since it is your first warning. However, take note and don't do it again as it could fast turn into you loosing your job. I personally feel if you loose your job over it this time it is a bit harsh. You will need to be on extra good behaviour from now on.

• No it sounds like you got a written warning - In most areas it is two written warnings then dismissal unless offence really bad which yours wasn't. I think they are manipulating you into working harder.