What it is like going to a huge university with a lot of students?

What it is like going to a huge university with a lot of students? I am still deciding wether I shold go to a small college or a big university. Small colleges are good for small size classes, but since I am going to a really small high school, I am kind of tired of seeing the same poeple everysingle day and not having a choice of who to hang out with. What is social life like at a big university?

Most Helpful Girl

• I went to both, and it was definitely easier to be noticed at the smaller university with its small class sizes. However, at the bigger school it was easier to make friends, the campus was larger and included bigger and better amenities, and there were more opportunities to be social and join societies and clubs. The academics and professors were excellent at both universities, but at the smaller one the professors were more approachable and available as they weren't teaching classes of 300 kids. So here's the question: would you rather go to a small school where you'll be noticed and have closer relationships with your professors but have less people around you with whom you can become friends, or go to a big school where you'll risk being just another number to your professors but meet way more people and have more of a social life?

What Guys Said 3

• Do you want to study and have a small focused friendship group who have interesting discussions and engage in hobbies together? Go to a small university
    Do you want to party till you puke, hangout with lots of people and never really get to know them, and consider drunkenness the only sort of social interaction? Go big.

The latter is also better if you are into cassual sex (unless you are one of those cruel women who likes to deflower the fresher- virgins then dump them).

• From social point of view, a big university has more to offer

• I have several friends in big universities, mostly are public state universities, such as University of California in Berkeley and Los Angeles.
    Generally it is more diverse and internationalized, and it always have bigger average size of classes, so if you are a people like me who favor small seminar, then do not go to a big university.
    (PS: I am in a small liberal arts college, and I think it is really a wise decision.)

What Girls Said 4

• There are pros and cons. The pros being you'll be meeting so many different people from so many different places. You're bound to find your own little group. The cons being it can be very overwhelming and it won't be a personalized experience. Your professors have so many students, you will likely be just another face to them.

• In larger groups most people are nice to you because it is only by being very nice that people can make friends. Nobody gets bullied unless they are extremely unique and there are thousands of opportunities to find groups that appeal to you.

• Look forward to lots of things to do at school. But with a big college comes limited space for certain things while you may see and meet new people everyday when you want to be involved you have to be on time.

• its really fun!