What makes people go to hell?

I'm just curious. As a kid I was put in one religion and as part of growing up, I believe I wasn't into it or didn't believe it not sure. I once told my cousin that I can't do these classes no more and she's like if you stop you will go to hell. Does it make me a bad person? I don't know if I'm wrong, but everytime I pray I feel like god isn't near by. I feel like I am goin to hell and I don't want to. Or is for bad people that does bad things? One day, I thought, why believe in one religion when you can believe in many gods?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• I should be more sure about it, but I haven't been worrying about going to hell for a long time.
    In my religion, non-deniminational Christianity, you need to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior (publicly shown by baptism). Then you'll get into heaven. And of course you have to really mean it and know what it means.
    Jesus forgives but I'm still not sure how much sinning could be done before one is locked out of heaven. There are probably psycho killers who claim to have accepted Jesus...

• wow the brainwashing is real...

do you really think you will go to hell if you stop going to a class? philosophy is a given, expand the universe in your mind and think on it.

• I think you should just follow your heart and do what you are comfortable with. I am non religious and don't believe hell exists so it is a non issue for me

• Follow your own path kid, don't just believe in something because someone else wanted you to.

Sit down, look inward, find what belief TRULY fits you. It's a hard path, but much more rewarding.

• It's hard to say i know this one Indian doctor has 300 Gods
    he prays to but all religions have different believes and that
    concerns hell too.

• Hell is a punishment for those whom do not accept the gift of salvation from The Lord Jesus. It has nothing to do with avoiding classes on religious education.

• Sin makes us go to Hell, and we all sin, so we're all going to Hell. The only exception that I personally know of is if you worship Jesus. Other religions might know of other ways but I've never heard of any that seem plausible to me.

• There is no such thing as "hell", so nothing.

• Do u want me to answer based on my relgion?

• If you want to.

• @juicyJessie srry people in here just made my mental health worse

• No probs, my friend!!

• apparently you can still go to hell after worshipping god all your life but disobey him once.

• don't enjoy this life make u go directly to hell :)

• God promises that anyone who believes in Jesus (John 3:16), trusting Him alone as the Savior (John 14:6), will be saved, i. e., not go to hell.

You can pretty much do anything else and God does not see those sins as sufficient to warrant Hell.

• We should die to know this

• Hell is a state of life and mind. It's not simply a matter of religions teach. Much of the suffering in this world has been caused by people who subscribe to religious beliefs that teach about "Hell".

• Studying is good no matter the subject, just approach it objectively. There is no such thing as heaven or hell and the sheer fact that multiple gods apparently exist raises the question if any of them are actually real at all, don't you think? Study, become smart, and make your own decisions. It is your life, not someone else's.

• So, that doesn't make a bad person? I mean the religion I am in put in, the feeling in my soul isn't in me that I believe. My sister, changed her religion to Christian because she tells me" just because our family is one religion, doesn't mean I have to be in a same religion as them" I kinda agree.

• Nobody can tell you that you are a bad person other than yourself (and the law).

And you're right about religions, but the fact you can just change says a lot about them being realistic (or rather, not being realistic), if you ask me!

That is just my opinion. You have to decide for yourself of course.

What Girls Said 5

• There is no actual place called hell. It is part of the Christian faith that was created to keep people true to that religion. I am a Pagan and do not believe such a place exists. Nobody is bad for not believing in a particular doctrine. There are so many religions in the world, they can't all be right for all people. They are only right for their own followers.

Your friend sounds like she was using the threat of hell to convince you to follow her path. This path may not be right for you. Don't be blackmailed into a religion you feel uncomfortable with. Follow your own path. It may be that you want to create you own religion to match your own beliefs. There's nothing wrong in that.

Just be true to your own feelings and think always of good. You will then never be a bad person!! Enjoy who YOU are!!

• So, the religion that my family put me in as a kid that doesn't feel right, isn't that disobeying?

• No it isn't. Your parents should not have brought you into this world to do as they do and believe what they believe. They should have given you the tools and the information to make up your own mind as to what religion (if any) you want to follow. You are a free spirit and have the right to chose what you believe in, and if need be, to make your own religion tailored just for you. It might be a mix of other religions.

Take it from me, there is no such place as hell. It is a Christian concept designed to blackmail into staying with their faith. For those of us who follow other paths, there is no blackmail because the concept of hell just doesn't exist.

• I should add that my brother and I have discussed this topic before, many times, and like then, he fully agrees with what I have written.

• No more classes means you are lazy, not a bad person.
    Of course you do not go to hell because of this.

• Doing bad deeds without any regrets and not asking for forgiveness..
    Breaking the 10 commandments or doing all the 7 deadly sins..

• Being a bad, evil person.

• not having belief in Jesus Christ or refusing to believe in him