Why do you love the music genre you listen?

I fucking love metal because there's too much crap music (to me) today, which is about sex, drugs and love only. Can you tell why do you love the music genre you listen?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love metal and heavy metal
    It speaks for it self and is so real in its lyrics

What Girls Said 4

• EDM all the way lol

• I love rock mostly. Metal, Hard Rock, and Alternative. The lyrics have actual meaning and the songs are filled with emotion. I agree music is crap today, I can't stand rap or dubstep.

• I listen t mainly Classic Rock because i like the way it sounds...

• Because of how distinctive yet diverse it is.

What Guys Said 6

• I listen to many different genres and all of them have their own reasons for me. I agree with you that most modern music is rubbish. Though we should be more specific here: what's rubbish is mostly modern pop-music. I generally hate all these singers who just become famous through some kind of casting show and who often don't even write and compose their own songs (they're just given something, sing it and earn tons of money). I only listen to real artists. I like singers or bands who started as small underground groups, performing in bars and pubs and then worked their way up. I have much more respect for them. As an example, there are many excellent, modern Indie bands out there, such as one of my favorite bands, Beirut.
    I also listen to tons of music from my parents generation because I like their time and because I find old rock better than modern rock music (think of all the hippie music from the 1960s and early 1970s). I also love the REAL rock'n'roll from the 1950s such as Chuck Berry or some songs of Elvis. I even like some music from my grandparents generation, such as this really good old Blues or Ragtime or classic Jazz from the 1920s and 1930s.
    I would say that my overarching reason for listening to the different genres I listen to is my mood and the atmosphere. If I feel very calm or if I need to write a paper for University, I like to listen to classical music, especially Beethoven or Dvorak. I feel very upbeat and perky, I like to listen to K-pop or J-pop. If I feel aggressive, I like to listen to stuff such as Nirvana. If l feel melancholic or sad, I like to listen to Leonard Cohen or the Doors. If I feel like listening to very lyrical or thought-provoking music, I listen to Hiphop (I don't listen to gangster rap, I only listen to very good, often politically left hiphop by truly talented and well-educated rappers). If I feel sort of emotional, I like to listen to American country music. If I feel like hearing my own language, I listen to music from my country.
    So it really depends entirely on my mood and the feelings I have at any given moment.

• I love it because :

I like the sound of it
    The Lyrics is original, or an original topic
    The lyrics has a deep meaning
    I can dance on the beat of the song, it gets me going instantly
    It's funny
    Because I can relate to that song

PS I listen to many different music genres

• You listen which genre though?

• rap
      hip hop
      metal
      rock
      accapella
      instrumental
      classic
      reggea
      House
      Techno
      Country
      And so on...
      Soundtracks
      covers
      songs in foreign languages

• I like lots from classical to EDM and everything in between

• Because listening to metal or rock we have real singers, not people trying to appeal to other things, we have several music instruments synchronized at the same time, the songs seem to have soul and has better lyrics.

• Blues, Blues rock, Rock (played during the British invasion era)

• because metal has soul and the intrumental music in metal is fucking majestic