Did you ever experience extreme pain to the point where you almost lost conscious/energy? What caused it and who helped you?

Oh my, 😱😱😱😱 why do I try to be brave

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. Two experiences come to my mind. One of them was a cooking accident when I was around 17. My dad was frying something on the stove and I was standing on his right side. Now, the problem was that both my dad and me are blind on one eye. My dad had cancer when he was in his 20s and thus became blind on his right eye (he has full vision on his left eye though). I was born with a very strong visual disability on both eyes (which has nothing to do with my dad's disease though, it's just a coincidence). I am completely blind on my left eye and have about 10% vision (so very little on my other eye. So, because I was standing on my dad's right side, we both didn't see each other. We were both standing in each other's blind space so to speak. When my dad was done frying, he took the meat out of the pan and held it over the sink to pour out all the oil (which is an environmentally stupid idea anyway). The problem was that I was washing my hands and thus holding them right between the sink and the pan. I didn't know he was pouring out the oil because I couldn't see him and he didn't know I was there with my hands because he couldn't see me either. He ended up pouring all the hot oil all over my left arm. It was literally everywhere, from the tip of my thumps to my elbow. The pain was so strong I was screaming and crying at the same time. It was really terrible. Fortunately, my dad is good at first aid and he made me hold my arm under the ice cold water for about 20 minutes. But I still ended up having huge blisters all over my arm, some of which were several centimeters in length. Of course my dad feels extremely bad about the whole thing but it was just a very stupid accidents. Even now, almost 10 years later I can see the scars of some of those blisters.
    But by far the most painful experience I've ever had in my life was a different one. It was even much worse than the one I just told. The most painful experience of my life was when I was 12 and I had to do a surgery in my eyes (I already had to do many surgeries for my eyes in my childhood and teenage years). The surgery itself was no biggie because I was drugged but a few weeks after the actual surgeries, they had to take out the tiny thread they had used to stitch the open wound on the surface of my eye. They did this without any anesthetics. I still remember one doctor forcefully hold my eye lid open and the other one cutting right into my eye with a small scalpel. The pain was so extreme that I almost

• puked all over those doctors. I still remember one of them saying to me "are you okay? You're really pale? Do you need some water?" And then I just fell from the chair. They lifted me up from the floor, gave me some water with added sugar to drink and I had to lie on a bed for about half an hour before we could finish the procedure. I wasn't angry at the doctors because I understood that they just had to do it but I hope I will never ever have to go through this again. It was worse than words can describe.

• No, I will always remain blind on my left eye. The condition I have is incurable. But the surgeries are still worth it because they are the only way to make my time as a seeing person a little longer. I already know that one day I will be completely blind on both eyes. Sadly, there's nothing that can be done about that with the medical technology with have at this day. But of course it makes a big difference whether I will become blind next year or in 40 years. And the surgeries and the eye drops I have to take help me extend this time as much as possible (if I lived 50 years ago, I'd already be blind by now). That's why my biggest wish is that I will be able to see my future children that my girlfriend and me agreed to have. I would love to know what they look like before my other eye also stops working.

• Oh :) I hope it works well for you.

What Guys Said 10

• I experienced high levels of pain over time. Let's just say I did a lot of... things.
    I once punctured my lung and I had to get to the ER. A drain tube was inserted between ribs to take the air out of my chest cavity. That tube was left in place for a week, skin was sewed around the tube to keep it correctly positioned.
    There were others that would complain about pain. A guy my age was not able to stand up form his bed so I was helping him.
    Then the day that my doctor was to pull the tube out and let me go, he decided to inject a substance through the tube to help the lung heal.
    THAT was hell. It was actually burning inside. I was battling the pain and at some point I felt the need to pass out but it did not happen.
    They left me for a few minutes, but the pain wouldn't go away, so they sedated me and I fell asleep.
    Burning and pain (though not at the same level as when the drug was injected) lasted for another week.

• I one time experienced extreme pain but not to the point where I almost lose my consciousness. When I was 8 or so, I got stung by a jellyfish. It felt like a shock when you get electrocuted. I went to the red cross that was there at the beach, but the guy only made it worse cause what he gave me instead of healing the wound, actually burnt it. I spent hours with an extreme pain. I got stung right next to my belly button, and like every minute I got a shock that it went from the wound all around my body.
    I guess I didn't lose consciousness because of the constant shock that tensed my whole body.
    I still have the scar today.

• Oh man.

• Yeah, that's what the guy in the red cross and the doctor the next day told me, but still, the red cross guy decided to use some other shit that burned the wound hahaha If I'd known that I would have peed on it xD

• Haha , :p

• I crashed a Superkart at well over 100mph. Engine seized right at the edge of the track just on the turn in to the corner and flung it head on into a tyre wall which I hit with my head and shoulder I was flung out of the kart up against the tyres. I came round and tried to get up but just collapsed again. Paramedics were there in a flash and helped me into the ambulance and away to the medical center where I was checked over and released with a huge goose egg bruise on my shin and mild concussion. was a bit of a close call though and shook me up for quite a bit of the next season

• Yes. I stepped on a broken Coke bottle in a lake when I was about 12. When I got out, a camp counselor had this great idea to pour alcohol into the wound, not realizing the bleeding was doing a pretty good job of cleansing the wound. I woke up in the back of a car on my way to the hospital to get it properly treated.

• when i fell off a horse i stopped breathin for a few secs... ugh

• Yes when i had bowel obstruction and acute gastritis
    i had stomach cramps that made me double up.

• yes first time when i started workout although i channeled all my anger to the weight when i almost can lift trust me i gelt no pain after that

• I have on multiple occasions. Let's see, electrocution, concussions/migraine, being cut open, being straggled, etc. No one helped me. Not like anyone cares about me anyway. I just let myself pass out or helped myself if I could

• Aside from being jumped by a group of people and beaten near death when I was in grade 8, I don't think I've ever had that

• Nope thankfully it has never happened to me.

What Girls Said 8

• There have been several times where I was extremely near to passing out because of period cramps. It's terrible. :(

• Ouch I feel for you Those are really not nice. I had a girl who used to suffer very badly with that and she actually did pass out a couple of times.

• @sexyphil I won't be surprised if someday I actually WILL pass out because of that

• Yes! I was at school. I went there feeling sick (period) and thought it would get better. In the first class I had, I couldn't concentrate at all because of the pain. Then in the 5min break I ate a banana because usually it helps but it didn't. When the second class began, it just got worse. I asked if I could go to the toilet.. going to the toilet was such a struggle especially because it was far away from the class room and I had to walk down the stairs. When I reached the toilet, I just sat on the floor for a few minutes. Then I tried to purge because I felt nauseous but nothing came up. I even splashed some cold water on my face because I felt hot but it didn't help either. I was starting to panick because I felt so miserable and I was thinking "HOW ON EARTH WILL I WALK UPSTAIRS?", breathing was really hard and my head was a big mess.
    By then I've already spent 10-15mins on the toilet. Finally, I took the last bit of energy I had and walked to the secretary's office to call my mom so that she could come to pick me up.

• Yikes! That's terrible :(. I've been to school feeling sick, but its never gotten that bad!

• Period cramps. There's no way really to help them. Just have to take it easy for those days. There were times where it hurt to walk or even stand up. My legs feel very weak when I'm cramping.

• The worst pain I probably have ever felt was period pain. I didn't pass out but it did make me drop to the floor.

• Yeah, when I was 5 my foot got stuck in a turning bike wheel, and I got pretty weak lol. Daddy helped me ^.^

• blood pressure dropped so low i felt fatigued and faint with a killer headache i felt better after i ate some in-n-out

• One time I had excruciatingly bad period cramps, I couldn't even move and it felt like I was slipping out of consciousness. They were so painful that I had to be given morphine to relieve it at the hospital.

• Ouch... :( Talking about being paralyzed, jeez! I would never make it, I would be crying and screaming and just flat out passing out o_o. Hope this doesn't happen to you again!

• @Stephiepoo I know, it wasn't fun at all. Thankfully now that I'm on the pill the pain is now greatly reduced :D

• Filleted the palm of my hand open whilst out fishing on the ocean. Lost so much blood i blacked out. Luckily the captain was also an EMT and stocked the boat with decent emergency kits. He got me conscious again and kept me stable tell we made it back to the docks.