How many languages do you need to know to find a job?

I'm Turkish and if I wanted to find a job in my country, it would be a huge benefit because most of the population is monolingual and speaking English is praised. But I don't plan to stay in Turkey after high school, so I'd like to know how many languages would impress enployers in your country. I'm pretty below average in countries where people grow up with 3 languages.

Most Helpful Guy

• at least 12, I heard McDonalds dont employ you unless you speak Farsi

What Guys Said 9

• If you really want to move and start a new life then I guess you should need to learn the native language of whatever country you choose.

Most regular jobs don't require multiple languages but it obviously depends on the job. Many people here in Sweden often know quite a few different languages. But most people don't really need them to get a job and if a foreigner want a high level job here they must be able to speak proper Swedish. Not perfect but you must be able to make themselves understood. It think that is the same in most countries.

It would be easier if you moved to an native English speaking country since you already know English . And you get a regular job there.

• Besides Arabic... Some jobs require English
    A lot of jobs require Hebrew
    A little number of jobs require both English and Hebrew together
    And some jobs don't require any languages besides Arabic.

Isn't it cool that I can still answer your question even though you're blocking me @confusedgrocer? ;))

• Who the fuck are you? Not someone useful, probably, if I blocked you. You'll also be blocked from this post.

• In Belgium you'll need more than 3 to impress.

• Really depends where you plan to move to whatever is first language there

• English r essential actually. wherever u go, and wotever job u'll choose. unless u go to china.

• I was lucky enough to learn 3 languages while growing up, and that has facilitated me finding jobs in other countries (I have lived in several places). I know English , Spanish and italian but for job demands I would trade my italian for mandarin most probably.

• depends on the job but for most it is enough to speak English fluently. though if you speak german (my country is obviously germany) English and french, people won´t really be impressed.

• Just one English

• Just English is fine, but if your multilingual you can have a better chance of being hired. In America at least.

What Girls Said 4

• In the US? 60% of the population know like 2-3 at best. Know English at least though. Top 3 languages spoken here are English, Spanish, chinese. (In that order)

• Can you write a decent resume? Talk professionally? You need more than the casual English spoken everyday. Especially for higher end jobs.

I'm not belittling you, but any American can write what you wrote above.

• Look. I gave this language three years. Don't doubt my English. You're seriously pissing me off.

• In the United States, bilingual fluency in Spanish is very helpful.

Proficiency in Hmong might be helpful in some locales too.

• It depends on the company you're planning to be in. Most companies speak English though.

• Isn't it obvious enough that I speak English

• What an I speaking right now? Türkçe mi?

• **am

• The same amount as everyone else knows