Why are there still homeless people?

I was on Twitter and came across this tweet
Why are there still homeless people?
It got me thinking, why are there homeless people when there are so many options for them. I mean this tweet is true. There is this famous French finer who was homeless but became vine famous.

0|0
6|10

Most Helpful Guy

• Homelessness a more complex problem than just financial.

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• This question assumes that people always do what is in their self-interest. In fact, almost everyone is self-destructive to a significant extent.

0|2
    0|0
  • Ok.. and being homeless and with no money how do they utilize vine... with the high end cell phone they recently purchased from begging for money... there is still homelessness cause people simply only care about themselves... there are a lot of social experiments involving this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not everyone who is homeless is of sound mind. Also it can be hard to get a job when you do not have good access to proper clothing and hygiene.

0|2
    0|0
  • In a lot of western cities at least half of all beggers are fake. In dublin there was this old guy who begged on the street everyday for fourty years unyol the inland revenue caught up with him. Turned out he was actually a millionaire who msde his money from begging.

0|0
    0|0
  • Easier said than done to fix that homeless problem all over the world

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a bit more complicated than just imagining yourself as poor on the street corner with tattered shoes =)

1|0
    0|0
  • it's not that simple...

1|1
    0|0
  • Sadly, many people view homelessness as the result of personal failings, and consider that if the economy is going well, there is no excuse for not getting on.

0|0
    0|0
  • And what is he going to download this app on?
    And a lot of them have more money than you think. I was in ny and gave this woman $20. I passed back five minutes later and the cup was empty. Other people thought she didn't have anything and gave more. Rinse and repeat

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I think its because human beings have free will. You can give somebody all the opportunities that they want but if they choose not to plan ahead they could end up homeless. Also some people can't find jobs. I remember reading somewhere that 50% of homeless people have brain injuries meaning most of them are either mentally retarded or mentally ill.

0|0
    0|1
  • It's not usual you can get a career or job any place without filling out contracts, legal forms etc. which include giving your potential employer your bank account information, home address, emergency contacts, insurance and so on, while some people cannot get access to a bank account. But even if they do get a job, it will take a while to get all the financial support they need to get their own home/insurance/mortgage etc. There are many charities that help, but some charities and foundations are personally owned and need to get their own money as they are not government funded.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people don't realize it but individuals are homeless for numerous reasons, and most of the time it's not their own fault. People should be particularly open minded on this topic...

0|1
    0|0
  • Most homeless people can't afford even a smartphone, though. And most homeless people are druggies so they spend their money on drugs instead of things they really need. Other people just can't bounce back up.

0|1
    0|0
  • Vine really gives people money?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not the app it's self but if you get a lot of followers you get paid to advertise products. Like a lot of money. And people do meet and greets that they charge for and digitour

• Because they're lazy and would rather have money handed to them then do an ounce of work

0|0
    0|1