Has Barack Obama been a good president?

yes or no

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• No he hasn't for numerous reasons. The lack of foreign policy is laughable. Jimmy Carter who had horrible foreign policy actually commented how bad this administrations attempt has been. That should speak volumes. He forced laws to be passed by skipping Congress more than any recent President I can recall. Hilary Clinton is starting to come out an say she doesn't and didn't agree with a lot of stuff he did. Bill Clinton even came forward at several different times during his Presidency and criticized him for lack of leadership and not really knowing what he was doing. Foreign nations called his foreign policy old, outdated and from the Clinton era. There is way more to believe he is doing a poor job than a good job.

Oh and let's not forget about pulling troops out of the middle east against the recommendation of top ranking military officials. The fact he called ISIS a junior varsity team when they turned out to be a lot worse. Or the fact he promised that he was going to close Gitmo but only kept it open after he was privy to information after taking office. I could be here all day writing all the things he screwed up.

What Girls Said 6

• Finally Jimmy Carter can sleep knowing that he is no longer the worst president in U. S. History. BHO is the worst in 239 years hands down. only 569 days left.

• not the best neither the worst sooo

• It's gotten better since Bush, guys.

• How was he compared to, say, FDR or Calvin Coolidge? What was life like under Coolidge?

• Yeah.. alone the fact that he replaced george bush makes him good lol

• He was one of the worst, but everything started to be bad socially, financially, politically since 2004 or maybe 2002.

• He's not the best but he certainly hasn't been the worst. So I'd say yes.

What Guys Said 18

• He is just another puppet dancing on the same strings that the vast majority of our elected officials where dancing on when they where in office. It's really not that hard to see just how corrupt our government is. All you have to do is look at the actions of our elected officials while in office.

• No. The ACA is a bill that primarily benefits the health insurance companies at our expense. His backing of president Morsi in Egypt, the FSA in Syria which defected and went to ISIS, the administrations numerous scandals including Fast and Furious, Benghazi, and the IRS scandal. Also our increased tensions with Russia, which we helped facilitate after backing the Ukrainian coup. Also, his support for the Transatlantic free trade agreement deals, specifically TTIP, TPA, and TTP. These agreements will empower the unelected elite and circumvent not only our democratic processes, but those of European countries as well. Many laws on the books will possibly be bypassed, including the GMO ban in many European countries. I don't see how outsourcing more jobs overseas, will help this country. By the way, Obama was supported primarily by republicans and opposed by his own party and the big labor trade unions for his support on those agreements. It's ok though, the media will distract us with cultural social issues instead of financial and business ones. For big labor and his own party to oppose him on an issue, that's an issue worth looking at.

• Yes he has. In this social media world, literally nobody is universally praised, and everyone is more critical and have a negative "glass is half empty" mentality.

The history books will speak highly of Obama, but the present has nothing but nit picking criticism for any high caliber figure in regards to ANYTHING!
    It's rather sad, really.

#ProfDonForAdmin

• Every suceeding president has, quite simply, become more corrupt, authoritarian, and statist since Kennedy--and that does, unfortunately, include Reagan. But, in many ways, that's the job of a ruler. The natural state of a ruler is to expand his or her dominion over his subjects, and Obama has done that failry well. In that sense, yes, he is a fine president. Has his presidency, however, been good for economic prosperity, economic freedom, international relationsions, and fundemental Lockean individual rights? No, its been atrocious on that front.

• He could have been better.

• @jacquesvol Your comment made me happy, we disagree on many points, but you are an objective thinker. I think he fell short of many social democratic or liberal objectives, even if I don't agree with his political base on most points, I feel he watered down and didn't deliver what those who voted for him wanted.

• From a foreign point of view, yes.

• Yas he has been helpin' out the poor and most of them appreciated 👌🏼

• He may just be one of the best you've ever had.

• He's not bad for the 1st gay president.

• Barack has been a good President if you are a worthless Piece of Shit. He has given more handouts than any President in the past.

If you are a Respectable Man it Woman with Decent values, he has been possibly the Worst Leader ever

• he's been pretty great for a bad one.

• All I can say is thank you, Obama, for your service.

• I liked him, he was pretty decent, thank you for your service

• Yes and no. Conservative republicans will bash him, even conservative democrats will, but the best people out there, will praise him. I'm indifferent

• He's a New World Order puppet.

• What new world order?

• Look it up. Politics doesn't make sense until you understand it.

• I don't like what he has done with immigration. I don't like his sudden liberal views to please the media. I am a fan of the ACA. People who bitch about it are either ignorant, republicans (I'm not a democrat btw), or just don't like Obama (for w/e reason). Many places refuse to take it and they are hurting themselves because of it. Now I don't like that the government tries to force people to have it, but I do believe it is helpful. Especially when it comes to businesses.

Besides Obama is a hell of a lot better than Bush. Bush Jr. has to be the worst president of all time.

• The other people who bitch about ACA are the ones it has screwed over. Don't kid yourself.

The only change I saw as a result of its implementation was my deductible doubling overnight. I'd have to pay so much now before they start covering anything that I might as well not even have health insurance. All I have to be thankful for is that I'm not one of those people whose premiums went up to the point that it interferes with my ability to pay other bills.

• @KHaskins Suit yourself.

• Worst president ever. Hands down