Do you think country music has gone down hill a bit?

Do you think that country music has gone down hill? Or do you think it's the same?
Country music has become more pop, and hasn't sound as good since like 2011 or 2012. Even before then it's changed its tune. Do you think it's changed?
Taylor Swift changed genre from country to pop and hip. Lady Antebellum was always more pop than country.

• Yeah country music doesn't sound the same
  • country music is the same as always

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, most modern "country" music is not good. It sounds more like pop than anything else, I don't like it at all. I prefer listening to the more traditional artists such as George Strait, Dolly Parton, Glen Campbell, George Jones, Johnny Cash, etc.

• New artists don't sound country at all in their music. I might aswell go to a pop concert because they sound the same to me

• Rock even now more than pop. I'll take the oldies any day. I do like some of the newer though.

• Everyone now sounds like everyone else. Same style

What Girls Said 2

• The "old" new country is better than the "new" new stuff.

• I agree most have gone for more of the cuntry-pop mix and i just dont like it...

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah I agree, it has become more poppy.

• Not a big country fan, but I do feel current country music is way too pop like.

• I wouldn't know the closest I've come to country music is the theme song to Hannah Montana and I pretty sure that's not country music..

• A lot Country music, just like a lot of pop music, is manufactured music made to appeal to the lowest common denominator. But there are still a few good country musicians out there, same with pop.

• Interesting you say that, I was listening to some Charlie Daniels earlier today