What would happen to the skin if they lingered in the dark for too long?

Would a person perhaps become pale? I understand lack of sun resolves in vitamin d deficiency yet this can be solved with drinking milk. What would happen to the eyes? Skin?

Most Helpful Girl

• The pupil of the eye would be enlarged as to give us the ability to take in more light out of the dark. You generally see creatures who live underground with enlarged pupils. Our ears would also evolve to become sensitive to sound so we could detect movement around us better. Of course, our skin would become pale to an extent if we never saw the sun. If this were the case, there would be no point in having dark skin since developing melanin (a tan or darker skin) is a result of being in the sun. :)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Become a cool sexy vampire

• Your skin would pale. Doesn't matter if you get vitamin d from other means the sun has numerous vitamins it gives to your body via contact. Assuming you were in pitch black for years you could and probably would lose function of your eyes

• I see that's rather interesting but I don't think I have very long to live anyways .

• you'd be fine. As soon as you were in the light they would function normally once adjusted. Your psyche... not so good. Your body needs the sunlight/dark cycle to establish sleep and repair cycles.

• They become a SMEXY vampire 💋

• Have you ever seen ""The Descen"? 😈😈😈