I dont want to get called pretty?

I might be in the minority, but I dont really apprechiate it when guys call me pretty. Sure, its nice to hear every now and then, but especially when guys I dont know try to use it as a pic up line im never impressed.

I know why the guy is approaching me, because he finds me attractive. So I dont get flattered when they tell me, I already know it.

I would want a compliment on my personality any Day.. calling someone pretty is so generic and its difficult to belive the guy actually means it and/or its exclusivly to me. When I get compliments on my personality I feel way better and it Seems way more genuine.

So guys, start (if you want ) complimenting girls on their skills and personality rather then looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am with youuuu. I've always been very annoyed by compliments regarding how cute, pretty, and thin I was. I was more or less appreciative when others called me smart, kind, caring, driven, and fun.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm not a mind reader, so I don't know if a woman likes to be called pretty. Sorry if you're offended by my inability to read your mind and know what compliments you like. If you are ungrateful about those compliments then you'll soon be lucky to get any compliments at all.

• That is a very healthy attitude to have - Well done

• Yeah it depends on each woman. I have a better chance at a number if I compliment her style, her sense of humor or specific physical features that most men dont.

• I like the way you think. Everyone likes to be complimented on their skills first and appearance second.

• I don't think every girl would agree with you.

What Girls Said 3

• HIGH FIVE!!!

Daily compliments about my face + body from random men = super predictable + boring + totally DONE!!!

Ditto random grrrls asking me about my diet + workout regime + my skin care routine + where I buy my clothes + why I don't want a boyfriend.

OVA ALL OF IT!!!

• Fuck that I want people to tell me I'm pretty. I only get you are funny/smart/sweet.

• You seem very confident in yourself and strong which I admire very much. I agree with you completely.