What do you think of this picture (This exploded on Twitter)?

Not gonna spoil it just yet.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. SPOILERS BELOW!!!
.
.
.
.
.
. People got mad because the guy wasn't the one walking near the street. I guess people think the guy is car proof.

• I support the angry people
  • Oh this is just stupid

Most Helpful Girl

• My partner always make sure I am on the inside.

At first it took some getting used to (especially when we would walk long distances).
    I had to get used to switching sides with him at certain times (because depending where we walked I would end up on the outside, once again).
    He told me in his culture it is to look out for his woman.
    It is very important to do so with women and children, in respect and protection.

Some people (non-traditional) do not do this.
    And do not see this huge deal in it.

It's really a cultural thing.
    Whether we are okay with it or not... we have to realize some people are bought up differently.

• Just because someone is raised to behave a certain way doesn't mean it's okay.

• It's okay according to their culture. They are not harming anyone.

What Girls Said 19

• What the fuck, seriously? People flip their shit over the most stupid things... I didn't even understand what the "problem" was before I read the spoiler. I never think about this stuff when I walk with a male friend. I just walk on whatever side I happen to be walking on. If you're on the sidewalk, you should technically be safe, no matter where you walk on it. Unless you're a dumbass and you're walking with one foot in the street, one foot on the sidewalk. But most people don't do that, and most people don't get run over while walking on the sidewalk, so I don't get why this would be such a big deal.

• I don't think it's that serious to be upset over. I've heard the whole "the guy should always be on the outside" thing many times before. I mean the gesture is nice and all but who's to say that if a car jumps the curb that it won't hit me because I'm on the inside? It could take us both out lol.

• I literally do not care who walks on what side of the sidewalk.

• looks like a couple going for a fancy dinner although they've just had an argument about who knows what to me.. hopefully they fixed it 😅

• Do people genuine give a shit about such shit?

• Wtf 😂😂😂😂😂😂 please just because women can get hurt by cars doesn't mean that men are flipping titanium

• I feel that some guy is going to attribute this to feminism. But I'm a feminist and I really don't care about which side of the street you walk on

• saying a guy should walk on a certain side because he is stronger is borderline anti-feminism in my opinion.

• it holds no relevance so how can it be a reason? A man's strength is not so much stronger that it can resist being hit by a car to any significant degree more than a woman for it to be justification.

don't bring down your own gender @aamy811 with your stupidity and child-like ability to reason. hasn't history doesn't that enough?

• @pavlove no I know stre right doesn't really hold up against a car. But just in General when people say men are physically stronger than women. That's just a biological fact that I can deny.
      In this sense though it doesn't apply.

• I wouldn't be angry about it, but it would be nice of him to do that. But now people believe in gender equality, so I don't mind.

• People are idiots. They like to get mad, and it was a slow news day.

• I don't really get it..
    I have a hard time believing that a bunch of people got mad over that.

• If it was a child with him, then I would understand.

• A child, sure. Even just to prevent them from running into the street.

• lol... car proof xD

• Loll what the fuckk thats it?
    I can't believe the stupidity people get involved in nowadays!!

• Why are people angry?

• It's more to do with tradition I think but I don't really care what side they're on. I'm sure she'd be fine walking on the outside

• Not everyone is the same

• That's weird, because when there was no indoor plumbing and people had to dump their wastes out the window into the street, the expectation that the man stand on the outside came about so that it someone should dump, the man would get hit not the woman. I wonder when that changed.

• I worded that weird. *The expectation the the man stood to the left of the woman came about.

• I dont get it

• Its sexism.

• Where and why?
      I seriously have no idea, the fact that she walks near the road?

What Guys Said 22

• people are sensitive as fuck these days.

• I have heard of that but I think that type of behaviour is instinctive, it can't be learned like man sleeping nearest door. I would tend to walk on outside but it is a purely subconcious decision. I wouldn't get mad over someone not doing it. I didn't even notice until you said spoiler.

• I saw a similar one with a caption that said "Only real gentlemen will understand what's wrong in this picture".
    It's just stupid. I guess now a real gentleman won't let her open her mouth, you know, cause a fly could get in her mouth and choke her... -_-
    People are stupid sometimes.

• This is so stupid. I'm ashamed that someone has "corrected" me and I listened.

It is literally just so insecure women can feel more like they're ladies because they are following traditional gender roles of having a man beside them and and for insecure men to feel like they're more masculine because they're protecting a woman from getting hit by a car by, I guess, they're own bodies as a barrier.

I'm not sure because it could just be odd light, but if the people in that photo are black I'm not surprised. A lot of black people I know buy into this and again I think it's because many are insecure that society doesn't seem them as gentlemen/ ladies so they try to overcompensate with stupid shit like this.

• Wow people gets angry over this? I would understand it if people gets mad or upset if it was a kid on the other side because for safety reason, but an adult can handle themselves

• Anytime I am walking with a girl I am always on the outside nearest to traffic. I am much more observant than most people and tend to be one step ahead of potential issues.

• This picture exploded because equality is a thing these days.
    And then again, perhaps not.

• Is it because she is walking along the street and he is on the inside... this is how pimps and prostitutes walk the streets

• 0|0
  • What lmao... who cares if your girlfriend or wife is walking on the right or left side. i never seen something like this lol. The girl is not a little child, if it was a child then have him or her on the opposite side of the road for safety

• Who gives a shit, like i wouldn't even notice thia kind of stuff if people never pointed it out. The girl doesn't seem to care so why would anyone else. The guy doesn't seem to be dating her because he isint holding her hand or really close to her.

• Normally the gentleman walts in the side of the street to protect the girl or push her away, but this is one of the less details that a gentleman has to take care in this times... is stupid...

• it depends... some people's subjective values don't mean shit... wow, peopel must be bored. imagination costs nothing!!

• When I'm walking with my wife, or kids or a female friend, I always keep them "inside".

• I thought it's because the man has a masculine build

• People can go get run over by cars then. I'd let her walk street side too.

• It is just one picture maybe all the other times it s different!!

• I dont get it

• I would be near the street too gotta protect the girl no matter what.

• not that it really matters, but an old tradition is that the man walks on the roadside so that the woman is less likely to be hit by a car, or so he can act faster if someone on the road is a threat. an oncoming car is far more likely to only hit whoevers on the roadside because there is still some degree of control. its really no different than holding a door for a lady now, cars and sidewalks are a lot safer.

• Since it's still apparently the Middle Ages and being splashed by urine and shit, thrown onto the street out of people's windows, is still a possibility, let the bitch take it.

• I was thinking maybe it was because the person on the right was a guy and people were mad because it was a gay couple lol.

It's stupid to get mad because the women is next to the street. Who cares. She's smart enough to not get hit.