I think 5'6" is a terrible height?

No matter how hard I try to cheer myself up, it doesn't change the fact that

1. Taller is more desirable to women

2. I'm 5" shorter than average male in US

3. I'm shorter than a large number of white women

4. I'm 3"-4" shorter than my father when in our generation, the majority of us outgrow our parents

5. My father is average in the US, but me short

6. I'm barely an inch taller than the oldest of my younger sisters who's 5'5" when most of guys are supposed to end up at least 4-5" than their sisters.

7. Again, my sisters are average in the US, but me short

8. Both of my grandfathers were taller than me, again, they were average but me short

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Unfortunately, yes.
    2. More like three inches (average height is 5'9 in the USA).
    3. You're taller than 70% of them.
    4. I'm roughly 5-6 inches shorter than my 6'0-6'1 father (don't ask me how).
    5. Technically, you have to be under 5'5 to be considered short as a male.
    6. Genetics are pretty random, and sometimes they sodomize you (like they did with us).
    7. You aren't short (technically).
    8. Yep, same here, by like 4-5 inches.

• How the fuck I am not short technically?

What Girls Said 15

• stop fixating on your height and focus on things you can control.

I've seen short guys do well but you need to be confident, somewhat cool and dress nice and know how to talk to women. those are bigger deals than being 5'5.

• Why would you focus so much on this? I know a guy who's 5'6'' and he's the happiest person ever (his girl is taller than him and he doesn't even care), no one has ever told him anything about his height. Believe me when I tell you you're the only one who has a problem with it. Who says you're inadequate if you're not 6'? Be confident, it doesn't even matter and you're way more than just your height.

• I'm 5'9" and a girl I I'm taller then pretty much any girl I know and quit a few boys too. I used to want to be shorter because I tower over all my friends. But I did get to go on rollercoasters at before them, and it is kinda funny when people think I'm 4 years older than I actually am.
    Be happy with how tall you are I know LOTS of guys that are 5'6" or shorter, and they ended up with girls :)

• But won't certainly end up with you?

• You said I'd end up with girls, will I end up with you?

• Probably not I'm 13

• Ok and? Either you can feel sorry for yourself like a child, or you can accept it as a fact and move on with your life. No amount of self-hatred, self-pity and comparing yourself to other people will change your height.

• Lol I once dated a guy who is 5'6" and I'm 5'8".❤
    Also the average height is 5'9". You are not a midget.

• My soon to be bro in law is the same height as you.
    I think he is shorter than his sister.
    Anyway, he is happy.
    Cheer up.

• I'm 5'1 and right now attracted to a guy that's 5'7 . As long as I can find them physically attractive, being tall isn't that important. My dad's 5'6 and he was a womanizer back in his prime days. Cheer up :)

• There is so many worse things that could have happened to you but if the worst thing to you is your height then you're pretty lucky. I have liked guys that were 5'5" and 5'6" so I don't see what the big deal is.

• My fiance is 5'6".. In 5'7".
    It's not a big deal.

• I don't know what you're talking about 5'6" is a great height. ;o

• Why complain when there is absolutely nothing you can do about it?

• I'm five feet and my husband is 5.6, or as he puts it "5.7 on a good day." You just need a petite girl I'm not worried. You'll be fine, love.

• I agree, and if I can't find a petite girl, there are still dwarfs.

• Hey, don't be rude.

• yo! were the same height

• hahahaha

• but be more confident lol alright? I mean im pretty tall for a woman but I deal with it cx you can't control it

• Let your amazing personality shine through and females will look passed your height.

• my crush is 5'6" im only about n inch taller than him and I think he is hot there is hope or you my friend

What Guys Said 17

• The average height for a guy is 5'9/5'10 so your definitely shorter than the average guy but you're still taller than the average girl who is 5'4.

Yes you are at a disadvantage but you're not as bad off as you think. Complaining about it won't do anything.

Seriously what is it that you are hoping to acomplish with this question? What do you want us to say?

The only solution that I have is either accept your height and focus on girls shorter than you, or you can work hard, save up your money and undergo that leg lengthening surgery. Maybe 5-10 years from now it will be cheaper and safer.

• What do you mean by not as bad as I think?

• I am not hoping to acomplish anything.

• so you just wanted to rant

• 5 inches shorter than the average male? the average male is 5'7... the average definitely is not 5'11

• look at the stats.

• I am sick of that generic advice too be honest

• well I find people who don't take advice that is the truth and the best for them annoying. you want to wallow in your self pity so go ahead...
      but to answer your basic question 5'6 is not terrible

• If it makes you feel better about being taller than your girlfriend their are many ladies under that and they will make you feel tall. I have a friend that is barely 5'4 and is married with a women that's about 5'1.

• Damnnn, that's a great idea. I never thought about that before. All I can do now is to eliminate all girls that are same height and taller than me leaving myself few choices of girls.

• "all girls that are same height and taller than me" which is at least 50% of white female population.

• I wouldn't overthink it - It is something you can't change so try and accept it then move on to the more important things in life

• Being shorter than most white girls is. not that big of a deal. Lots of my friends and even me have dating girls who were qhite that were taller. Of all the girls, i think white girls are the best at not caring but i guess it kind of depends where you live. As for getting over your height, it is what it is. Thats not something you can control so why waste time thinking about it. Im uncircumsized and i used to be scared that girls would hate that. But they only bring it up once and then forget about it. Word of advice, do not let a girl know that you are sad about your height, no. matter what ok.

• 1. Who cares about what women want
    2. The average male in the US is 5' 9", you're only 3" shorter.
    3. No you aren't, the average white woman in the US is 5' 4"
    4. Who cares; You aren't your father.
    5. Who cares; You aren't your father.
    6. Who cares; You aren't competing with your sister for anything
    7. Your problem with women will now be your lack of confidence and preference for complaining.
    8. Your grandparents also didn't give a shit about such trivial things and were probably more preoccupied with not dying in the war so that your ungrateful ass could be alive today.

Short people are better at sports than taller people hands down. They make better fighters, make better weight lifters, are incredible gymnasts, make better skateboarders, make better bodybuilders, are stronger than taller people pound for pound, are a lot less likely to break bones, and for the love of god you're only 5' 6". I know a guy who is 4' 11" who would gladly change shoes with you.

• 1. I care
      2. 3" is not only.
      3. I said "a large number of white women". Not all of white women nor the ones from US only
      4,5,6. I care, everybody in our generation outgrows their parents. It means I had the potential to be taller.
      7. to be fair, I never even mentioned about having a problem with women in the first place. All I say is women being taller than me.
      8. Why would they give a shit when they're already tall?

> Short people are better at sports than taller people hands down.

Fucking bullshit, what about basketball? Fighters need weight and reach advantage.

• Average height in the US is 5' 9". If you're 5' 6" then you're only 3" shorter. The average height isn't 5' 11".

I guess puahate got shut down again so you're coming here to complain about your flaws, greentextarrow could've been a slayer.

• Yep, you're boned in that department.

You can overcome it to an extent, but you're not going to be anyone's first choice, you'll just have to learn to accept it.

• Where do you get the idea that 5'11" is average? Wah? I'm shorter than that. Chill out, bro. Plenty of short guys get girlfriends.

• Complaining about it will definitely make you more taller

• honestly I don't think the average hieight in North America is 5'9, I think its 5'7 at best

• I wish I was 5'6", I'm 5'2"

• I'm 5'4". be grateful : ) I'm grateful I'm not any shorter.

• How old are you?
    5'6 is a little short, but you shouldn't be too concerned about it, seriously.

• Inferiority complex victim..

• You think you have it tough. Do you know how hard it is finding clothes that fit well when you're 6'4"? It ain't easy son.

• Davy Jones was only 5' 3" and he got all the women he could handle. When he died, he was 66 years old and he was married to a 33 year old woman. Excel at something and you will be attractive to women (unless you look like a gargoyle.)

• My friend is 5'4 and he has a really attractive girlfriend, stop complaining on the internet and go talk to a girl.

• Yeah but he doesn't attract many girls with his appearence

• So it's not because he's physically attractive, but because he's good in amusing people

• Because he's a great person and has a lot to offer.