How to cope with a heatwave?

So if you don't know yet the UK have a heatwave. Hottest it's been in 9 years. I hate heat but love sun I know confusing. I like tanning but hate the humid sweaty nights. Only had 5 hours sleep cus it's so hot.

I have windows open, fan on, cold flannel, icy drinks every 5 mins or so, no bedding as I overheat, minimal to no clothing. Anything else I can do or am I doing enough to monitor body temperature. I feel myself oberheating a bit an bit faint. Had some food but lost appetite.🔥😁😰😓

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell me about it!! .. The trouble is, we here in the UK are simply not used to these kind of temperatures.. Phew.

• I know I tried explaining this to @lonerider the amount of people abroad from here who say stop moaning but they are used to it we are not lol. I got fan on but it's blowing hot air now we've hit 32C. Nothing we can do aha. Lots of cold things 😭🙉😁😭⛅️🍦

• Gosh.. A huge thank you for considering mine to be the MHO. :)

And thank heavens things have cooled down. :)

• No problem sweet lady 😀 an yes thankfully 😓😅

What Guys Said 7

• I would advise you to continue to stay naked as much as possible, even if it means being around others while you're nude. A heat wave is no time for modesty. Get a spray bottle and fill it with water so you can mist yourself while you're in front of the fan.

• Cooling, 'yin' activities. Eating greener, rawer, less cooked food. Tai chi and walking instead of intensive exercises. Less activity in general. In short, take a chill pill...

• stop crying. We are living in 40+ celsius in other parts of the world. if you can't handle 30.. shift to alaska or something.

• Lol I will moan as we Brits don't have to deal with this kind of weather normally it's from tropical areas. We are England and used to rain so bound to moan. Say what you like lol. You wouldn't get it your used to heat then

• Well neither were we used to the 40s. Global warming is not affecting just the UK in the entire world. We were used to the 30s.. now heatwaves take us to the 40s. We dont cry.

• It's a hot country India. UK isn't so regardless people will find it harder here to deal with weather that hasn't come around in 9 years or so. Nobody is crying I only asked for tips on how to stay cool. I'm on about a heatwave out of nowhere not one persistent one that many are used to being around it's ok you don't get it an why would you lol obviously different part of world. Never mind !

• Buy an airconditioning unit. Best invention ever :D

• I am in Ireland it is the humidity that is killing me though it was cooler today

• I feel you, It's boiling here in England :/

• hmmm make a make shift AC with aC a coller and a fan youtube it

What Girls Said 2

• Put on the a. c. if you have one or go swimming. Cucumber is also a great way to cool down. You can put it in water to drink and it tastes great because it's so refreshing. You can also mix some water with cucumber in it, in a spray bottle and mist yourself.

• Yeah it's so horrible aha 😂😁

• Hot and humid=an angry tattooedhandfet lol

• Lots of ice and a cold shower helps some too