Why can't we celebrate mothers day and father's day on the same day?

WHY?

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree that it should be combined, I'll only have to forget one day out of the year instead of two.

What Guys Said 17

• Just a parents day? Well aside form the history of these holidays, there is always the problem of kids with divorced parents.

Why are you against having both days? being a parent is a massive responsibility, they deserve their own extra day to be appreciated.

• I think having separate days is a good idea but fathers day should be brought up to same level as mothers day.

• Father's day isn't a real thing. It's just one of those national days invented by greetings card companies, and as such, is deliberately timed to not coincide with any other, so that the cards don't have to compete for shelf space in stores (which is part of the reason it is celebrated on different days in different countries, as those countries already have their own national days).

• Because the way it's now, they make more money. If you go out for dinner to celebrate both, you'll spent twice the amount of money, cause you'll have to go out twice.

• Because by seperating it parents each get a day off from the work associated with the kids. It also allows for reflection of what each parent brings to a child, though that sort of thinking may be unpopulr with modern gendre politics.

• Nahhh i think separate is better. U get more time to spend with each individual on different days compare to same day. Same words gets old saying them to both ur parents each at a time 😒 its best to compliment them and bless each individually. And than make the other day ur mum or ur dad's entire day 🌹

• Why would you want that?
    There's a day for women, a day for men
    Then you don't have to care about anyone else but you.

But why is there no children's day

• Good idea !

• Yeah i agree with you...

• Their too special to have only one day to celebrate. That's like giving the MVP to the whole team.

• Well you just may be on to something.

• Who restrains you from celebrating this parents day.. 😊

• Same question and i wabt the answer too xD

• Why celebrate them at all. #wasteofmoney

• Because it's bad for businesses. The more celebration we have, the more money we spend.. Government and their sneaky way of creating business flow.

• Cause I don't have that kind of cash

What Girls Said 8

• I think it's based on a heteronormative standard -that there is one male and one female parent in a given family unit, and that the days are separate so that each parent gets one day dedicated to THEM, as an individual, rather than the both of them as a collective. It's for the partner, not just the child, to look at the other person and say "I respect and honor you for your part in this life we are raising/have raised". And it's worth noting that the two did not come into being at the same time -one was a response to the other.

• yeah, it should be renamed into 'parent's day' then.. it would be much easier to organise presents for both and remember the date, too

• Because they deserve a special independent day all their own. Wouldn't it be annoying to have to share your birthday with all your siblings.

• Why can't mothers have their own day? The whole point of mothers day is to give your mom a break.

• Because who in the hell can afford that?

• Probably so its more 'special', and a way to make more money. I agree tho, it should share the same day.

• I'd say if there was a children's day you'd want the special day to be your own and not share, so they deserve that too..

But I'm a twin, so I already have to share my special day. :'c

• Yeah just a parents day.