Are British people racist to black people?

So my mom is considering moving to England , and I wanted to know if the British people racist to black people. I'm a really nice person and I love everyone but I'm afraid people won't accept me because of my skin. We was going to move to America but my mother changed her mind because of what's happening up there and I really don't want to be in danger. I've never been put in that position getting call out for my race are the people over in England nice people?

Most Helpful Guy

• In the part of the UK where I live, you will have no trouble fitting in whatsoever. I will tell you the countries that the people in our flats are from:

Cosovo, Bangladesh, Brazil, Thailand, plus people from different countries within the UK. We all get on really well. My family also has friends here from China, Philippines, West Indies. There are two black families, but I don't know where they are from.

Pick your area carefully and you will have no trouble. Do NOT head towards London!! Most of London is OK, but some areas aren't. You won't probably know until you get there!

What Guys Said 14

• The only ones being racist in Britain are the non whites towards the British.

• Why are they racist to British people. I mean no offense but you guys are the same color. You may not be Caucasian but , you know where I'm coming from. It's ridiculous. And who wouldn't like British people? Your Accent can make people fall in love 😂

• -Muslim grooming gangs
      -Muslim patrols on the cities streets bullying British people
      -Halal slaughter in British markets (soon to be forced in schools along with non pork meat)
      -Immigrants invading Britain just to claim state benefits, which the British tax payer will provide (I guess thats what your mother is after)
      -Any expression of British patriotism and you will be labeled a racist
      -I also found this specific example few minutes ago... www.knightstemplarinternational.com/.../

-Muslim ghettos and ''no go'' areas for non muslims
      In other words you can be anything you want in Britain except British.

• No, Britain is very relaxed about racial differences, generally.

• Not really, no. There is quite a lot of racism towards people from pakistan though.

• Nah they are more concerned with Sharia Law than black people.

• Well ofc not all of them. Its not like if a guy with the username "England" is gonna answer ur question with yes/no.

• Well define racism. The will probably not call you on the N word and they might smile at you but if they have to pick someone for a job or flatmate then there is a high chance that they'll pick the white one regardless how nice you are. We Europeans are sort of elitist people unfortunately.

• no. the americans are far worse than we are...

• There isn't LOADS of racism (especially not from what I've seen) people wouldn't really call you a n***** (or anything for that matter) in public - unless they're a total dick, even then, it's rare - and i guess there's some jokey racism but so long as you can handle that, you should fit in nicely :)

• Thanks You 😘

• I'm not sure if they'll understand me thou. I'm from St. Thomas and my accent is very strong. Well so I've heard

• it depends where you go really, i mean in London people are practically trained to understand a plethora of accents, but further up north you could have some misunderstandings but nothing too big, i should imagine

• Like any country it will have areas where racism is prevalent

• I dont live in England but they are very very very much better than America, they are cool people as long as i know

• Just stay away from the east side of London...

• What happens over there? I'm Curious.

• It's just certain neighborhoods are filled with rowdy people and quite a few pubs where those rowdy people are now rowdy and drunk. It's nothing racist just that they'll insult you no matter who you are or what you look like.

• Oh okay Thanks

• Given all the black on black crime in America, black people here pose a bigger threat to your safety than white people.

• Na, London in particular is very multicultural. When you arrive you'll realize quite quickly it's not all ladies and gentlemen sipping on their earl grey.

What Girls Said 6

• It's better than America but a lot of people refuse to say there is racism in the first place so... You just have to make the best choices for yourselves that you can and try to succeed with them.

• I think it depends a lot on where in england you go.. People in London are very nice and open minded but people in rather socially deprived areas (parts of birmingham, torquay, etc.) can be really rude, that however doesn't seem to have a lot to do with race since they have always been equally rude to me (from europe) & my friends (from asia & africa) lol it's just the way they are I think..

• I've never been to England, but from what I heard, I guess they're not. I know some black people who live there and I never listened them talking about being victims of racism.
    I also heard that London is a very diverse city. But there's racism everywhere, you know.

• Yeah I know. I'm really scared of it because no one has every pulled the race card on me. Or anyone I know , matter of fact

• Thanks much 😊

• You're welcome :)

• The vast majority of people over here are not racist but you get the few uneducated idiots that are. You will be widely accepted into British society, don't worry.

• I think they hate the Muslims more

• I'm British myself, and I'm black. I don't face much racism here.