How, in 2015 do people still believe in Cults?

Relgion is a Cult. Why do you people still bevelie this crap?

Most Helpful Guy

• For some people there is no need to question it. It is the norm in most societies to believe in God. If there are still questions like What happens after death?, what's the meaning of life?, why is there suffering? etc. people will continue to believe. There's a way for religion to be good for society but it needs to unshackle itself from holy books thousands of years old and define itself in a new way. Otherwise religion is just avenue for tyrants and morons.

• I agree. However, we will never know what happens after death and as for the meaning of life... our purpose is to reproduce just like every other living thing to ever exist.

But i get where you are coming from.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know I assume they just need to feel less lonely but instead of making connections with there they do it with an imaginary friend.
    Anyways I do see most organized religions as cults because they are.
    I never really got what the difference between a cult and a religion was. My mom was very Christian and he always made jokes about Scientology but I was like, you don't really have any room totally mom.

• this is offensive don't be rude, i believe in god because there are so many things a simple human can't explain, because i never feel alone, because i was saved by god sooo many times and because i don't want to end up as a rude offensive atheist like you

• So in other words everything good in your life you base off of something that doesn't exist.

A doctor will one day save your life not a "God".

• Im just saying you should give yourself that satisfaction of accomplishment not a figment of imagination.

But i am being offensive and i know this, i will stop. I hope you have a great day.

• of course i do but i know that god helped me to accomplish the figment even when i don't deserve it, it's okay, have a great day as well i didn't want to get into an argument with you

• this is 2015, why do you feel the need to attack?

• Probably because Christians attack reproductive rights as well as homosexual rights... Oh, and Israel terrorizing people... oh and radical Muslims blowing themselves up and mass murdering people.

• Complaining about the existence of religion.

• oh, alright then, carry on

• Stay out of my business. I beleive in Allah because I want to.

• Yup. I agree with yourwaifu. If your an atheist, that's fine. But stay out of other people's business. What they believe in is theirs. Not yours. And, nothing you can say will impact that because you are small, insignificant, and petty.

Also, news-flash! Religion is not a cult. Religion is religion. Religion also isn't perfect. The church is a prime example. But that doesn't mean you can attack other's beliefs and call them crap.

To be honest, it's people like you who make me glad I am Christian, and a member of the church. You make me proud to believe in what you call 'crap.' In my life, I get harrassed for being Christian. And you know what? No one wants to hear about it, because all we ever hear about is how you poor poor atheists are bullied all the time... boohoo... it must be tough being told your beliefs aren't valid.

So do me a favor. Go cry about it.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth. I'm not the perfect Christian and I don't pretend to be. But religion isn't a cult. And it isn't crap. Neither is atheism.

So think before you type some hot headed question that's meant to offend.

Religious intolerance works both ways, too, remember that jackass

• Sorry but religion is a cesspool of violence around the world. As a christian you'll never see it for what it is so believe what you want.

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah, I really don't understand how in the information age people are still this blind. I guess it's because they're naive parents who bought into it indoctrinate their children from birth, kind of like how North Koreans are drilled into their heads from birth that their leader is divine and they totally believe it.

• So many religious followers get really upset when you compare them to North Korea even though its the exact same thing.

• There are always vunerable people looking to belong

• Because they had it drilled into them when they were too young to have access to reason, as their parents had done to them by zie grandparents, and so on...

• There's no difference between a cult and a religion, so yes, plenty do.

• Ignorance is bliss I guess

• Religion*
    Believe*

I would take you more seriously if you knew how to spell.

• Darn i guess god didn't want me to use the letter 'I' today.

• Why do people still refuse to let others have different beliefs from them is the better question...

• Because people feel that religion has a place in places it shouldn't be.

• And why would you say that, anon?

• Why dont you have a photo of yourself as your profile picture?

Same difference.

• You must have wildly misinterpreted my initial answer. The stress was on the question--not on the phrase "anon".

• Ah, sorry i see you are asking why i compare the two?

• People need something to believe in

• Actually it is weird people 2015 and don't believe in relgion

• Because, they were taught to believe in.

• This question is offensive.

• For the same reason you don't.

• Before you assert yourself as such an authority over religion, try spelling it correctly.

• Sorry the Devil told me not to use the letter "I" today, he accepts everyone for their flaws.