Do you have straight pride?

What the title said

• yes
  • no
  • why would you have pride in what you're attracted to?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no need for straight pride as straight people have never been discriminated against for being straight. The reason for gay pride is to celebrate that they are being more and more accepted.

If you had been oppressed and unable to live a full life without fear of scrutiny from the powers that be and society in general you would damn well celebrate every acceptance. Women celebrated the right to vote and black people celebrated the end to slavery and segregation but both still face discrimination in some form or another and it will be celebrated when that ends.

• there's a difference between celebrating and having pride for something you can't really change

• Just because it's called Gay Pride does not means its sole purpose is to show that they are proud to be gay. Gay pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people. In some countries being gay is punishable by death. When you think how gay people were treated 50 years ago compared to now. Then they have archived something to be proud of. Black people can be proud of being black and that people fought for their equal rights. So why shouldn't gay people be allowed to feel the same.

What Girls Said 5

• There is no need for straight pride. I didn't 'achieve' becoming straight so why should I be proud of it?

• Did gay people 'achieve' becoming gay?

• I'm still not feeling it. I think may be too humble to feel pride. ... he bragged.

• The kind of pride that comes from achieving something is the only kind of pride that is acceptable to me. I think all other kinds of pride are what you hear warnings about.

If you want to have a gay expo, fine. Just call it "Gay Expo." It doesn't have to be about the wrong kind of pride. Being gay is nothing to be proud of -- it just is what it is.

• Straight pride is as dumb as gay pride

• I don't. Being straight is something that I didn't choose to be, it's the way I was born. So, it doesn't make sense have pride of something I can't control.

• I'm bi, so I can't have "straight" pride lol or "gay pride"

• Wait... what?

What Guys Said 9

• A sexual orientation is neither an achievement nor a failure. So, I have neither pride nor shame in being straight.

• Not paticulalry - I am not that bothered that I am straight, it is just one of those things like being white.

• what would having pride in it matter, its not like you can change it if you are ashamed of it

• Straight Pride, World Wide, motherfuckers.

• No... it's normal

• I'm neither proud nor ashamed of who I bed. I'm straight; I'm not superman.

• I have straight guilt. I usually blow a gay whenever I encounter one to apologize for their painful past. If I don't have time, I give them a tongue tickle. I have plenty of gay friends. And I will vote for the gay candidate 2016.

• I hardly believe that it is something to take pride in.