Are HS kids becoming less mature or is it just I'm becoming more mature?

I'm the class of 2013 and I was not the most mature kid in the world but I kept quiet and respected those older than me. Now I talk to HS kids whether it be at work or just kids I play basketball with at the YMCA and they are so immature. I'm not much older than these people and all they do is talk trash and disrespect people who work there. I have friends from the 2014 class and they are mkre mature but the class of 2015 in the schools is my area act so entitled.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think both are true to a certain extent. I used to think the same way when I was about to graduate from high school. The thing is that you experience a lot of growth in high school I such a short amount of time. You get removed very far very quickly from where you were as a freshman. It's easy to not keep that in perspective.

At the same time though, if the questions that some of them ask here are an indication of anything...

What Girls Said 5

• I know what you mean. I'm going to be in eighth grad next school year. The class behind me seems so immature that it's just scary. I don't want to deal with them! There are plenty of people even older than me that I can hardly talk to because they seem so immature. I know I'm more mature than most my age but their immaturity is just scary.

• I think kids are getting worse because the media is getting worse and the media has a huge influence on the lives of children.

• I graduated in the beginning of Instagram so their is mkre social media now for sure.

• hey send me chat i would love to talk about stuff like this :)

• Wait till you see the class of 2016... In my area 2015 class is still mature and they know how to focus and gets things done right. I'm graduating next year and all around me I see giggling, playful and plain disrespectful behaviour. Gonna get worse down the generations perhaps.

• Well I know 2016 will be bad in my old HS and I don't know how the seniors after I graduated didn't beat them down and show them respect. When I was a freshmen the seniors would bump you in the halls or throw you to the ground if you disrespected a senior. The teachers understood

• You're more mature. Kids are always the same at that age. You've changed

What Guys Said 4

• Kinda hard to say, but most people are thinking into losing their virginity at such a young age; so there are thinking more maturely rather than their studies, but like I said it really depends on where and what school your talking about

• Well its in general the 7 school districts around me have suck cocky kids and they talk so much trash not even respecting those older. I don't get it cause if I talked like that to older people I would get my ass beat.

• It's you man, I can look back and see how terrible we were.

• Well I was a class clown at times but I never tried to start a fight with someone older than me. If I did talk trash in sports it was to friends as a joke. Today a Kid who's graduation in 2016 was talking trash to my college buddies and I do when we played 3 on 3 I threw him to the ground then he shut up.

• Class of 2015 n proud to not be a piece of shit.

• ikr, I graduated this year and apart from talking to my friends I just sat there quietly "haha wow these guys are morons"