Am I being selfish right now?

okay i dont wanna go to my grandfathers memorial service. now its not like a wake or a funeral its just a dinner in his honor. i dont want to go but my parents are forcing me to go. im 20 years old and they can't force me to go i find this unfair and horrible that they are forcing me to go. i really dont wanna go this is horrible trip i can't stand a 12 hour car ride with my parents i would rather shoot myself am i being selfish right now

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• No you're not

• I had like some weird fear of people where I eventually started to dread future encounters with people. I never really wanted to go out anywhere, and people would just think I was being incredibly lazy. In truth, I was only thinking of my own comfort, and my own needs that I didn't see that others have needs that are more important than mine.

• You know my parents died when i was little and you know i would do anything to have them at least 12 hrs more so shutup really i taught you didn't want to go because you had something kinda more important to do but no how many years did your parents tolerated you bad behavior? yeah i bet more than 10 years and you can't stand half day with them i hope you realize how this is harsh when you have your own kids or someone you carew about a lot

• Yes, you're being selfish. Go to honour your grandfather's memory.

• Can't you shut them out of your world for that 12 hour car ride with earphones, music and sleep?
    The dinner is after all done in honor of your grandfather. I wouldn't call it being selfish though if you don't want to go.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes you are being selfish. Harden up and just go.

• You are being selfish. That is one of your parents fathers. The least you can do is go to show support for them.

• Yes you are being selfish

• Find a compromise