Did you know that?

Heath ledger locked himself in a hotel room for a whole month without leaving it to prepare mentally for the joker role and when he went to act he acted without the instructions of the director

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I didn't. I love these kind of stories. Did you know that when Anthony Hopkins was filming "The Silence of the Lambs" he got scared of himself? You know they built this extreme high-security prison cell for him, where he had to stand behind a glass wall (if you've watched the movie, you know what I'm talking about). I've read that during the breaks, Hopkins couldn't just sit on the bed of the cell and smoke a cigarette or drink a cup of coffee. He said in an interview that he HAD to go outside. When he was in his role as psycho cannibal then was alright but as soon as he changed back to his normal personality, he suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable and sometimes even terrified in the prison cell. Ironically, he felt terrified about the person he was acting himself.

Oh and I have one more. When Tom Hanks was filming for "Saving Private Ryan" the directer made him and his fellow actors who were part of the landing scene at the Beach on D-day go through a rigorous one-week training organized by the Navy Seals. They made him carry heavy weights, run on the beach until he almost puked, lie in the ice cold water for long periods of time etc.. They did this so that he would understand and feel himself how exhausting it must have been for the real soldiers who were part of the invasion in the Normandy.

What Girls Said 1

• Thanks for the info.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes.

Filler

• Never knew that - Impressive

• Yeah. It's called method acting