To risk heartbreak Vs To never have loved?

Which would you choose? Playing it safe or giving it your all in love (even if there is a chance for heartbreak)?

Most Helpful Guy

• Giving it your all, no regrets

I don't want to play safe and wonder 'could it have been different'

What Guys Said 14

• Life if filled with risks and opportunities.

I see it no different than being afraid to cross the street because a car might run you over. You then also miss out on everything beyond that street you are afraid of crossing.

Personally I think people are too afraid of emotional pain. And I thinks it's because many run away from them and develop a fear from them and also feel like feelings is like an external force inflicted upon them.

If people would embrace emotions and understand the true meaning of unconditional love then things as "heartbreak" would be a non issue.

• There's a possibility of failure is every situation.

• It is better to have loved and lost then to have never loved at all.

I know this from experience and even though I am in pain everyday from it, I wouldn't trade what I had for anything. I'll find love again someday, until then it is simply fuel for my writing/poetry.

• My path is to be divine. I'm broken already as I am, no need to also rip me apart. Besides today in some societies girls think because of the fact, that they are girls, they must be worshiped and all by males. Also it's all somehow linked to money in some way. There is no true love around me. For all the non-stereotypical women I have respect, which believe in gender equality and/or work on themselves and wouldn't betray for one day without money.

That does not mean I do not love at all. I love certain things such as my hobbies and my favorite series, certain meals, my little dog. I don't hate. I just get past trouble in the best efficient way and forget about it.

This Divinity brings me victory one day. I know it will be worth it. I will emerge soon. I believe in myself!

• I don't think love exists. Even if it does the pain some people possess is stronger than a heartbreak. Love is an illusion created by society nothing more nothing less. They created it to hide the pain in their hearts.

• Definitely risk heartbreak over and over and over again to find that one special person for you or your liking or something

• I would definitely risk heartbreak

• I don't need love.

• I'll gladly take the heartbreak. Even feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all.

• I would choose never have loved.

• I would play safe. Prevention is better than cure.

• Heartbreak... without a question

• Heartbreak is part of life. If you can't handle that then that's your problem.

• I did the latter for my entire life. Two years ago I was finally miserable enough to try to *end* my life.

I've since met someone who has come to mean a great deal to me. It's had it's ups and downs - when it's good, you're happier than you'll have ever been while single, and when it's bad it's just as intese, but I wouldn't trade it now for anything.

What Girls Said 13

• To risk heartbreak.
    I know I'd be miserable to never have loved or have been loved in return. I'd of course be quite depressed in the case of heartbreak too but at least through trial and error, I'll eventually meet someone with whom I can make it work. Alternative being a lifetime of solitude, nobody to come home to, nobody to cuddle with care for, or support each other when the going gets rough?

No thanks. No pain, no gain.

• Tough one. Risk heartbreak is my choice I guess, because I wanna experience love at least once. But, if I gotta be honest, if I got heartbroken once, I'd probably be too scared to put my heart out there again, and I'd probably end up avoiding that that love shit to not risk heartbreak again and to protect myself.

• I would give it my all. Life is meant to be lived, whether happy or sad, at least you can hold your head up knowing you made the effort.
    Plus, rejection promotes growth and gives experience. Playing it safe and waiting your whole life is a waste of time and not much help in emotional growth.

• To never be loved. I'm experiencing heartbreak right now and it completely tears you apart. The pain is unexplainable. I used to be so strong before getting in a relationship, ow all i can ever do is think about him. I'd play it safe. That way you know you're never gonna get hurt however, it could be argued that we only have one life to experience everything so why not love because you never know... it may lead to a few hiccups in th relationship which may hurt but may not necessarily cause heartbreak.

• I've experienced heartbreak. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. That said, I'm not sure if I'd choose differently if had the choice to do it again. I feel like you live and you learn. I've yet to experience real love (if it exists) but I think I'd like to.

• To risk heartbreak.
    "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."
    - Alfred Lord

• To never love someone. Fuck heartbreaks.

• To risk heartbreak. So we can learn how to love again no matter how painful everything has been for us.

• To risk heartbreak. You gotta take risks

• Risk it. Think about it, there's a chance it won't work if you try but if you don't it's never going to work.

• You should always give love a chance. If there is heartbreak, it wasn't meant to be. Taking that chance on wether or not you will get your heart broken is just life. You live and learn.

• at the moment i'm playing it safe until I meet someone who is worth the heartbreak. I've been through a really bad heartbreak and thought I would never move on.

• Sometimes I wish that I never developed feelings for anyone, because ultimately you're going to get hurt, but I suppose one day it'll be worth it