Help me I'm dying in a heatwave.. Any tips?

There's a heatwave where I live (Sweden) it's 27C/80F outside. I feel like I'm slowly melting and my brain is turning into mush. Please help me if you have any tips to survive.

Or am I just weak?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel your pain. 80 would be TORTURE here.

Try opening all the windows and doors early in the morning so the house fills with cool air. Then close everything as soon as the sun starts warming things up. Like even the blinds and curtains. keep the doors and windows closed and it will keep the cool air in. Then you can open things again once it cools down in the evening.

If it gets hot during the day you can put a damp cloth over the fan and it will help cool things down. Try to avoid cooking and opt for light foods like salads or BBQ outside.

If it gets really nice and breezy you can open the house again for a cross breeze.

I'm sure you know these already, but good luck!

What Guys Said 9

• 80 degrees F is not a heat wave. Something like 110+ in F is a heat wave.
    Drink lots of water, cold juice.
    Take an ice cube and rub it on your body.
    Wear light clothing that are light colors.

• It *is* a heat wave, because it's usually rather cold in Sweden. A heat wave is simply an abnormally high temperature for longer periods.

• Lol you think that's hot? It was like 40C in England yesterday! Consider yourself lucky haha.

• Any tips tho?

• Umm if you're at home open all windows in your bouse and just starfish on the bed with a fan blowing air on your face and drinking lots of water lol.

• Make sure you stay hydrated

• Move more north (or maybe south for that matter)? 80F? That's not too bad. Just drink water or sit in a chill or lukewarm tub of water. Or move where it's more cooler.

• We had humidity last week so bad it was horrible
    now it's coming back so i sympathize with you..

• I worked in Libya in the 70's and there it could reach 50C so I wouldn't call 27 a heatwave.. put on light airy clothing and enjoy it...

• 80f is a heat wave? Well you can always drink water and sit in a tub of cold water I guess.

• You call that a heat wave? It's called a cold day in my area. But anyway, avoid the sun, drink lots of water and freshly pressed fruit juices, use the air con or at least a fan, take lots of showers, wear light clothes (light in both material and color) and open shoes that let your skin breathe, don't use heavy make up, eat light food and some ice cream and if your hair is long, make sure you wear it in a ponytail or something as you'll sweat more if it's not up. If you go out during daylight, consider wearing a hat.

You're not weak, your body is just used to colder temperatures.

• Freeze the plastic covered wet sponge in the freezer and use it as ice pack. Also, you can rub peppermint oil or menthol around your head. Use a talcum powder. You can make very cool liquid by mix the salt , ice and some water together to wash your face.

What Girls Said 9

• Drink lots of water, eat lots of fruit, avoid turning on the oven or stove or basically anything adds heat to the house, my mom had us put fans in the Windows to create a breeze throughout the house, don't wear excessive clothing and stay away from dark colors, suck on ice cubes, take a like warm shower, sit in chilled water, and if that doesn't distract yourself so you don't pay attention to how bad you're sweating

• Same thing here in the Netherlands. I really almost fainted yesterday because I was short on breath as effect of the weather.
    It might look like nice weather to go out, but I recommend to just stay in the house and drink a lot.

• Honestly, I grew up in a country where the temperature was literally hot 365 days throughout the year. It's like >30°C every freaking day, well, unless it's raining, then maybe it'd be like around 26°C or 27°C. Otherwise, 30°C and above.

• I used to eat watermelons because it's cooling, or other fruits you love that is cooling. Also, drink lots of water.

• Drink lots of water. Find somewhere cool if you can. Light clothing. Stay out of the sun.

• 27? That's nothing haha. Just eat some ice cream and drink lots of water, you'll be fine.

• Haha doesn't seem too warm to me tbh but I guess just sit in front of a fan or fill the bathtub full of ice.

• Drink heaps of cold water and shower three times a day... or have a cold bath with ice blocks.

• 27C is hardly a heatwave, just drink loads of water.

• 27C is the perfect weather! lol It's 35C here right now.