English expert? Give me clear (actual) meaning of these words?

Irony
Paradox
Sarcastic

I think On SAT exam , irony and sarcastic have different meaning.

Most Helpful Guy

• Irony:
    noun, plural ironies. 1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
    Paradox:
    That statement in itself is a paradox, because it is self contradictory, which is precisely what a paradox is. At the most basic level, a paradox is a statement that is self contradictory because it often contains two statements that are both true, but in general, cannot both be true at the same time.
    Sarcastic:
    adjective. The definition of sarcastic is someone or something that is a sneering remark. An example of sarcastic is a person saying that a song is their favorite, when in reality they dislike it immensely and have worked vigorously to get it removed from the program.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Theyre all very similar. Irony is a contradictory statement, a paradox is a contradictory proposition and sarcasm is using irony to mock someone or something.

• I am still getting confuse. Can you give example?

• The other day I saw a tow truck towing another tow truck. This is an example of irony. And example of sarcasm would be, say; if my friend got a new top and I hated it and i said to him "nice top Joe."