Does someone's name matter when you're dating?

0|0
10|9

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes... I don't want her name to be Rick

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• I don't know, i think it might bother me if she has a really ugly name like... Gertrude, or Margeret, or something. But I'm indifferent to most names.

Plus, her name is something I'll know before i decide to date her or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would matter to me

0|0
    0|0
  • If they had a name i don't like... i'd jjs overlook this tiny detail

0|0
    0|0
  • Unless their name is DewHater, then no. Just joking, no a name is just a name and most people didn't have much of a say in their name.

0|0
    0|0
  • No ones name should matter when your dating someone
    i know with me it wouldn't matter..

0|0
    0|0
  • I probably wouldn't date a woman with my mom's name, that would be too weird.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not. But that would suck if, for example, you boyfriend has the same name as the guy that killed your dad...

0|0
    0|0
  • no for me but considering i have a foreign enough name i dont think i can give a subjective answer

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• It shouldn't but it does at least when you first start dating. Most men I know would have trouble telling their Mom they were dating someone named "Candy" or "Treasure".

I have a disliking for the name Jason because I have date several of them and they were all kinda bad boyfriends. Not fair but if I'm to be honest w all have preconceived ideas about certain names.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, who gives a fuck? It's just a name.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. Then again, nothing ever does...

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I won't date anyone named Ryan, Kody, Ken, Larry, Clayton, Steve, Dan, Matt, Kevin, or Robert.

Because those are all close relatives. And it'd be weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • not to me... Of course if the last name is the same as yours, you might want to think twice...

0|1
    0|0
  • Well, it's certainly better if I like it enough to say it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, why on earth would it?

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad and bro have the same name. As long as it's not it, I'm okay with anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • If their name was the same as my brother or father or grandfather i just couldnt do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It does! I would never date someone with an awful name.
    In my country, there are certain names there are only used by uneducated people, and these poor folks who have one of those names are usually frowned upon by the ones who have normal names.

0|0
    0|0