Girls, Do any of you have a boyfriend that is afraid of you?

I have been with my girl a few years, and she has always got everything her way cause she knows that I fear her. She is not bigger or stronger, but just has way more confidence when asserting herself. She intimidates me to the point I no longer try to even talk back to her. I am ok with things this way, but I wonder if any girls have a boyfriend like this? Am I still a man, or just a joke?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You're obviously a man, you have a dick. You just have no back bone and are a weaker man. Or just a smart man. They say smart men know how to just let the woman go on and on.
    And some couple on TV together for like 50 years, the guy said the secret to the long lasting marriage was letting her do her thing lol.

• Sooo, let me see if i got this straight. I am a weak man, but I am smart. So not having a back bone to my girlfriend is the best thing for us?

• Oh... then I guess i am weak... i am not miserable, but she has told me that she won't let me leave until she decides that we leave. I just hope i never feel like I want to, i think we will stay happy. Thank you for your opinion!

• By the way I don't mean weak in a bad way. I think every relationship really does have a dominant one and a weaker one, even if they're still equals.
      As long as she treats you well, that's really the main thing.

What Girls Said 13

• If you have to ask. obviously you know something is not right and needs to change.
    I don't know any woman who doesn't want to have her own way. Thing is, we secretly respect the men who can stand up for themselves and "put us back in line".
    I believe there should be a healthy fear for each other. Not one over the other.
    But hey, if u like not being able to put your two cents in, then do u. But like i said earlier, you know something is off. :)

• Yes, i know things are a bit different. She has never given me an inch when I talk back to her, she ALWAYS makes sure I back off and let her have it her way. I would think if she secretly wanted me to straighten her out, she would at least pretend that I overpower her sometimes, right? lol. But yeah, I prefer just not being able to put in my 2 cents, so much easier on me that way.

• But what if I don't think anything is wrong with it, but also know that things are not exactly considered normal of me?

• Try to fix it to where u both are happy

• If you're in an abusive situation, there's no reason for you to stay. You can leave. Especially if you're afraid for your health or safety by staying.

• No, it's not abusive and my safety is not in danger =]

• I would never treat a guy like that because I believe in equality and respect.

• Yes my boyfriend is terrified of me when I'm angry. That's the only time he worries though. I Don't always get my way, but what kind of relationship would I be in if that was the case?
    Ever heard of "Happy wife, happy life."? That applies to girlfriends too.

• Well my girlfriend seems to be plenty happy with the fact that I fear her, so happy life it is then i guess xD

• You need to put your foot down and demand to be treated respectfully as an equal. Relationships are about giving. If you have to give all the time and she only takes, move on.

• You're not a joke, but a relationship like this is not healthy. I'd never want my boyfriend to be scared of me. If he was, it would break my heart. You deserve better than this.

• You should get away from her. It's not good to be with someone that puts fear into you.

• My ex was.. :/

• Did you like him being that way? Or was he a joke of a man?

• yeah my boyfriend is like that. im not aggressive or treat him unfairly but he's shy and menial compared to me. i love him to bits. i find him so genuine and endearing. totally not attracted to all the fake macho act going on those guys end yup being frustrated and bitter bc they never can just be themselves.

you're a perfectly fine man:)

• Awww, thank you ☺️ That was sweet of you. I also hate the macho man act, seems retarded.

• absolutely i completely 100% dont trust it and i think it exudes insecurity. i love how willing he is to be honest with me. such a turn on.

best of luck to you:)

• sounds like an abusive, one sided realtionship. Doesn't matter if she is smaller or physically weaker. I think you will regret wasting your time in a relationship like this when you deserve much better. Just my 2 cents.

• Speak up for yourself buddy!

• No. That's not healthy...

• Yeah.. my previous boyfriends were kind of like that. I always have the say in everything. When you start talking back to her or getting your own way, she'll be shocked.

• Lol, she might be shocked at the fact that I had the nerve to try, but that would instantly change to pissed off and she would put me in my place and I would just regret it. Sad but true, i know her all too well. How did it make you feel having a boyfriend like that? Were you fine with it, or annoyed?