How do I make self harm cuts heal faster?

Ok first of all I know it's bad to hurt myself and I feel so bad that I did it after promising my friends i would never do it again. I've become scared of myself, but I just need them to heal faster. I did this two days ago so how can i make them heal as fast as possible?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 5

• Eh, They will heal but you will ALWAYS have the scars. Which is exactly why i think self harm via cutting yourself is probably one of the most retarded things a human can do.

• Yea it's a pretty stupid thing for someone to do to themselves. But sometimes you have to think about what people who have cut think. The reason I did it was because I felt like if I asked my friends for help with my depression I would just be a burden and that they would abandon me. They want the scars to be there as a reminder of the pain they suffered. I'm not sure if I will have any scars since this is only the second time I did it and I didn't cut my wrist, I cut my shoulder cuz I don't have bracelets to hide my wrists with.

• Yes I do understand you. I wasn't trying to start anything only showing you how I thought of it. People cut because they don't want to die, but cutting is a temporary relief to your problems. That's why it becomes addicting. You start to feel like the only way to stop the emotional pain is with that temporary relief. I am not trying to encourage you to cut in any way just trying to help you understand why people do it.

• Yeah, I ain't starting shit either, I was just saying, *And im not promoting suicide here*, If people want to cut because they want to die, then, why not just commit suicide? The way i look at it, You either commit suicide or you dont, there isn't really any need to take some pointless shitty middle ground.
      But, Eh, People can do whatever they want, and if they get a relief out of it then cool. I just personally think its a very pointless thing to do :/.

• The best way to stop self harm scars from appearing is by not cutting yourself with knives. Then you should use some cream that facilitates the regeneration of the skin. Here in Hungary we have neugranormon but I don't think you guys have that.

• then it'd b better to avoid cuttin in my opinion

• Use neosporin / antibiotic ointment on your wounds that will heal them up

• Your cells regenerate 200 times faster under red light. So just replace the lights in your room with red light bulbs.

What Girls Said 1

• Healing takes as long as it will take. Polysporin or Traumeel cream will aid in this however.