Girls, Is it usually the guy or the girl who is the first to bring up the topic of marriage?

Is it usually the guy or the girl who is the first to bring up the topic of marriage

• Guy
    39% (16)
  • Girl
    61% (25)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Please answer the poll
Please answer the question fuck

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Really could be either one of those. Depending on what they want and what they see their life becoming in the future.
    If the guy feels like he really loves the girl and she's slipping through his fingers he might ask her to marry him just so he could hold onto her - which might not be the smartest move in the long run.

The girl - as a gender - might think about marriage in general, not with anyone specific. If she has a boyfriend she loves, sure she'll think about it... but will she bringing it up - possibly - to see if your ideas and opinions on it match or not. If she's in it for the long haul and your ideas are completely different - it's game over.

So - it all depends on the person.

What Girls Said 12

• In my opinion it is usually the women who bring it up first. Women are more likely to jump into a relationship head first, more than willing to settle down and start a family. Whereas most men like taking their time and testing out the waters before giving 100% of them selves to someone when they don't know if it will end in heart break.

• If the guy is head over heels in love with her and/ or afraid of losing her, it won't even take too long for him to propose, but I also know of many girls who keep pressuring the guy into marriage when he's clearly not that convinced it's a good idea. Then there's also the parents pressure, usually on her side. And oh, the infamous 'accidental' pregnancy...

I don't know who usually brings up marriage first though. Every couple is different.

• I joke about it with my boyfriend a lot now. But he said something about marrying me if I did something way back in the day.

We joke about it a lot, so my memory is fuzzy. But I think he said it first.

• Awww :-)

• I feel ya. During the school year, I never game unless it's on my ipad. It's not the same :'C
      @Genie23

• I know :-( Wish we could re live our childhood days. Would be so cool, haha :-)

• Usually the girl, which sometimes I do wonder what if the girl doesn't ask the question ''So do you see yourself getting married'' after being in a relationship for years. I'm wondering if the guy only gets married because of the girl or is it also on his own account and something he wanted too at the same time?

• I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and haven't ever brought it up to him but have definitely thought about it. He's never mentioned anything of the sort either so I'm curious if it has ever crossed his mind.

• i can see it happening from both sides really but i think most women wouldn't bring it up directly but drop hints.

• I would say either one. If it was me I probably wouldn't directly bring it up.

• Girl. Most want to start a family or find a life partner

• It's been the guy in my experience.

• Stereotypically women but men do too. My boyfriend brought it up first

• The girl brings up marriage first

• It depends. I think the girl usually thinks about it first but she may not mention it. I dropped the hints of, "If we got married..." and then he started saying, "When we get married..." and randomly he picked me up one day and drove to the jewelry store so we looked at rings. The ring shopping was his idea, not mine. But it depends on the couple.