Girls, Would this take a toll on the relationship?

Your husband has to work 4 night shifts per week

During the day (7 days per week) you have a really amazing time together and it is really worth while but you only spent 3 full nights together instead of 7 full nights together. Would this take a toll on the relationship?

• Yes
    23% (11)
  • No
    77% (36)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
Fuck please answer the question

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I have this with my boyfriend. I work mainly night shifts but he has never once brought up it taking a toll on the relationship. However, we have been together for many years now so maybe that is why. We are more focused on bettering ourselves and safe guarding our futures together and have a stable home for our children than we are about being with each other all the time. We have a perfectly healthy relationship and are extremely happy with one another. Just have different goals than other people I guess.

What Girls Said 22

• I work night shift so I probably have a more understanding perspective on this. The only big toll would be if we worked different nights, because we'd hardly see each other that week. We have the daytime of course, but we're sleeping a lot during that.

I'd be open to dating a fellow nightshifter.

• That's not a problem unless you have a family and kids. Then i could see how this could cause some conflict. But if it's the two of you, it's fine

• nope i like time to myself anyhow. and i prefer night shifts so we could both do night shifts without messing yup our schedules. if there were kids that'd be different but just us then no, its fine.

• I had a partner who worked night shift. It worked for us. The relationship ended because of other reasons (interfering parents-his)

• My husband currently works 3 or 4 nights a week and it's worked for us for a while now.

• That's how my dad's schedule was growing up because of his job. As a kid, it sucked because I rarely saw my father since he was always either sleeping or working, but it all worked out fine. You just learn to appreciate the time you have together, more.

• Maybe a little... but it's work... You can't really control that so much.

• I don't see it as a big deal. Of course I would miss my husband a little bit. But I would live and be ok.

• He's working I don't have a problem with that... so the time I do see him I'll spend it doing whatever he wants and making him comfortable,

• Not for me. If anything it would make the time spent together more exciting, instead of just having it available 24/7.

• My dad has been working 5 day night shifts practically all his life. My parents have been together for over 20 years. Honestly it seems like it's kind of a benefit because it makes the cherish their moments together more :)

• Wouldn't bother me, having time apart is healthy.

• Not a problem as my guys works and tries to see me on his days off. We talk everyday pretty much on Facebook or pinger.

• That's fine. You do what you have to do.

• I think it would I don't think i'd like not being able to cuddle up with the person I love most.

• My boyfriend has been working 7 days a week and 12 or 13 hours a day. We live together and plan to get married.

• Eventually yeah

• Only if either party let's it.

• No, he's working to get the molla. It's not like I'll never see him again. Let him do him boo.

• No. I am quite used to different schedules, and understand if he has to work nights sometimes. Even if he was gone for a whole week.. or more... I would probably be okay with it. My work schedule can be all over the place as well, so I hope he would be just as understanding.

• No issue at all.

• We'll see each other during the day.