Anyone here reads the Bible? If so, did it change your life?

What benefits did u get while reading one?

Most Helpful Guy

• It didn't change my life, but that's only because I've been reading it since I could read. I grew up in a religious house, so it's just always been there.

Simply reading it won't do anything for you, you have to follow it's teachings for it to mean anything.

What Guys Said 13

• I read the Bible when I want to quote it. It NOT change my life: I know it is not fit for worship.

http://biblehub.com/1_samuel/15-3.htm
    .
    http://i57.tinypic.com/6ycmbk.jpg
    .
    http://i60.tinypic.com/4gpxqb.jpg
    . ISIS in the Bible:

http://i58.tinypic.com/1z73s76.jpg

http://i58.tinypic.com/73m4nm.jpg

Total number killed by God in the Bible
    - Using biblical numbers only: 2,821,364
    - With estimates: 25 million
    - See more at: dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.be/.../...-bible.html

And so on.

• My father was a preacher. At my age, when I was a child there was very little to do except read (1 good channel and 1 full of static on the tv back then...). So among the many other books that I read; I read the Bible. And I felt growing up like I had Christianity shoved down my throat. So I also read the Koran, books about Buddhism, and when I was a young adult I became friends with a Jew or 2 so I read the Hebrew Bible. I pretty much went out of my way to try and prove to myself and everyone else that I was anything But a Christian. And then one day I met someone who asked me about all this, and talked to me about it without trying to shove it down my throat, and my perspective changed. So I can honestly say - reading the Bible did not change my life. My interaction with 2 very important people in my life - who also read the Bible, and gave me guidance in 2 different ways, did change my life. I do not think Religion quite compares to other things. Some people read other types of books, or see movies, or whatever - and these things Actually change their lives (now I have seen it or read it, and it is actually possible - I need to change my way of thinking... etc...). Religion on the other hand, well just because a book or a movie tells you that God created the Universe, especially when there are hundreds of other books telling you a different God created everything, in this day and age - just reading it is probably not going to mean any more to you than reading Grimm's Tales. You have to figure out what moves you spiritually as a person. And you have to decide if and when you will listen to others who want to (for lack of a better word) "preach" to you. The Bible, whatever version of it, should not just be another book on the shelf to go unread. But for someone who asked the question you did - I would say - read it and then go ask, and see if you find your answers.

• I've read large portions of it but never cover to cover. What benefits did I get? More knowledge about a major world religion I guess.

• I haven't read it in over 30 years - It made no impact on me

• I go to bible study so I can understand it versus just reading it like its another book but my life was changed before I joined my bible study group.

• I have read it six times. No it didn't really change my life but I really enjoyed reading it. I went through it the last time and cross referenced all the archeological and anthropological research in parallel. It was really a lotof fun.

• My mom has one and she doesn't even really read the bible either

• I was forced to read the king James bible and the book of Mormon every freaking night until I moved out at age 15, so Ya, you could say that..."it changed my life" 😆😈

• Yes, along with many other books.

• I have read it. I got a lot out of Proverbs.

• Even though I'm an atheist, you get a certain sense of serenity reading any holy book.

• Well it made me a lot smarter and able to cast out evil spirits but am also depressed.

• you go to hell

What Girls Said 6

• My cousin is a Born Again believer and he has taught me a lot about the bible. Things that he has read me have come to pass, have actually happened and are going To... Happen.
    I have learned a lot about the bible and God's Word and there are many things I now know that I never knew before. xx

• Positive, I have read it.
    It did not change my life.
    It did confirm some of my fears in regards to religious people though.

• I've read chunks of it, I really enjoy stories and fairytales and such so I enjoyed it on that level. I didn't gain anything from it spiritually, I gained more from the Tao of Pooh.

• I've read Revelations but that's about it, and I don't remember much from it. So no, it didn't.

• I read it to provide reaserch information in arguments against religious beliefs (when people try to force me into Christianity)

• It is very, very, interesting... I'll say that much.