Why can't kids sit still anymore?

Do you notice that nowadays kids just can't keep still? And when they do it's not for a long period of time. Even when their parents tell them million times to, they still don't. Why?

Ok this question is closed! No more same answers needed.

Most Helpful Guy

• its because kids are constantly being bothered with various stimulus, from toys to apps
    to computers shows books, they dont have quiet time

when i was a kid we had quiet time my mom would hand me a picture book and i wouldn't make a peep for 30min

Now days do kids even read books,

• That's was the same way how it was with me. Now they want to touch everythinh grab at stuff etc. I understand small children doing this but Im talking about elementary school aged children that know better & just dont listen. According to everyone on this site it's normal and you we're the same way.. LOL WE'RE ALL THE SAME!!

• nah i was quiet as a kid, i was only a trouble maker when grown ups werent around lol!!
      but when the teachers/elders/parents around i was sure not to make a scene or act out etc
      i sat my ass down or my mom would punish me at home lol

What Guys Said 9

• What kids do you know actually do sit still for a period of time? Hell, they're kids for a reason. Bundles of energy, like a firecracker. Once you light it, you better be there for the whole ride.

Some kids are also not raised correctly as well, and some are just hardheaded and don't listen. I was raised to listen, but I was still stubborn and hyper as hell. Two minutes of sitting for me as a little kid, about 8, was the same as ISS is to me now, at 18.

• It is usally white kids Asian kids are more well behaved

• Ha! That is NOT true, hypno. Maybe at a table but they run all over like all other kids and they dont listen any better. I have lived in China.

• Well, they are hyperactive due to drinking colored pops, juices,
    kool aids, eating chocolate. plus kids will be kids i was one
    i was hyperactive as child growing up in 70's, 80's.

• I could never sit still when I was a kid either so not a new thing

• Kids have never sat still, it's against their nature to do so. They should be out having fun and using their brains, not cooped up inside all day.

• Who tf said why can't kids sit still cooped up inside all day? didn't I say when You're OUT? Next time read the question before talking shit

• You answered this "stupid" question though lmao

• Because I'm bored and had nothing better to do, not because I actually care.

• They always want to do something

• What is this "anymore"?

• I believe that's why we call them kids...

• Kids could NEVER sit still. I assume when we lived in Caves, kids couldnt sit still...

• Your answer was drastic & shallow

• I have two, how many do you have?

What Girls Said 3

• Because they never could... Most kids are hyper and fidgety...

• I think it's somethinh in the food tbh

• I don't... I think it is their brain that is still under developed.

• kids were always like this..

• Says who? Even if they're in a buisness running around & their parents tell them to quit they still dont listen. We're you around back in the day? Im just wondering since you said they we're ALWAYS like this. You're only 19 how do you know? Lol

• because i have grand parents telling me stories about my parents.. or uncles..

• Because kids are no longer afraid of their parents anymore because of the dhs will be called if u even spank your kids now days that's why u can't even raise your voice to them without people looking at u or reporting u now now back in the day kids behaved because they knew if they didn't sit still they would get their but whooped to no avail and no one would be reporting the parent for it either and the parent would correct the child out loud without other people stepping in and minding something that was none of their business that's why kids can't sit still now my father always said kids are to be seen not Hurd