Are you more willing to forgive ignorance in a young person?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be willing to forgive ignorance in an older person too so long as he/she isn't a douche about it... we're all the products of our genes, environment, and upbringing, no?

What Guys Said 8

• So long as they ádmit their ignorance... the ones that think they know all about it, with no experience, I can't abide.

• Depends on how young and how ignorant they've been. If it's a kid yeah, I'd easily forgive them, but if it's a 20 y/o person that says global warming's solution is to put big AC's in the streets, then no, I wouldn't forgive that.

• Yes. We change and grow as we get older. I was a lot more ignorant, and judgmental 10 years ago, than I am today. I suspect I will be wiser 10 years from now. Every year we should become a little less ignorant than we were.

• I supose.. but then I don't blame someone for being ignorant, no one can know everything. I blame them for being willfully ignorant, resisting knowledge and revelling in stupidity.

• Yeah i think you make allowances

• Of course.

• i can forgive ignorance in any person but i can't forgive agressivenes and being mean for no apparent reason.

• yes it is common in young people so we should forgive

What Girls Said 5

• Ehhhhh... When it's things that you know they've been groomed into thinking and are inconsequential we can talk about it and maybe start planting seeds for them to think about.

If it's straight nonsense they need to get on board with the real world where things like racism, homophobia, and laying over three seat during rush hour are not okay.

• Only some things. Others things are like, okay you clearly have the common sense at your age to know that that's not okay. Being genuinely naïve, however, is a natural aspect of development and I can excuse it.

• Depends on how ignorant they are being.

• Not entirely, I will probably be less affected, I will care a little less but I can't forgive. My boyfriend's cousin is 15, live in another country and keep liking homophobic post on Facebook. I'm less affected than her father's opinion (which is the same)

• Younger than me?
    Sure, I can even forgive stupidity..