Why do people have loud cars?

Why do people (especially guys who drive Civic's) put loud exhausts on their cars? Do you guys find loud cars annoying?

Alright, thanks guys. :) I really wanted to see all of your opinions about loud exhausts. I, personally, love loud cars - especially Civic's. I love the sound of a 4 banger so much. <3 I wouldn't really call it "rice-y" if a person has a loud exhaust. Rice is when someone has a body kit, huge trunk wing, 12" subs, etc, like my Civic does. Also my civic is really quiet, considering the fact that it has an aftermarket catback exhaust. I don't do it for attention of others, either. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• they're either ricers or enthusiasts. they dig the sound of an engine and its exhaust note. I can't NOT smile when I hear a Lamborghini pulling up, or a super sport inline 4 motorcycle.

• Amen!

• im not lucky though, the cops here suck lol. suburban cops really got nothing better to do.

• Wow, that's awesome. I always thought Bugatti's looked pretty normal-sized in photos, but I have yet to see one in real life. And damn, I heard the same thing about the police in Cali, and car modification laws as well. :(

What Guys Said 7

• A Civic is a slow car compared to many other cars anyway. I guess people just like the sound.

• Yeah they definitely are slow. They're made to build. Speed isn't what makes a car fun. :)

• Lol, it's amazing what such a small engine can accomplish. Bahaha! It doesn't surprise me that his Ford broke down, lol! I hate American cars even though I live in the usa. :( God, I'm sure that car was so packed. xD That's a perfect example of American vs. Japanese engineering.

• Oh yeah well this Ford is an Australian Ford but yeah I know I have heard American cars give trouble (No offence). German cars are also terrible Audis are famous for gear boxes giving trouble, Volkswagens also give gear box trouble to I think. BMW, Audis and Volkswagens all are the worst in the world for engine failures. Yeah I know what your mean by the engineering in other counties cars compared to Japanese cars. Japanese cars are so good.

• I enjoy load cars... but they are race cars. Street cars should not be overly load. Just because they are loud does not mean they are fast. Its silly. Ever hear a Porsche 911 S4? Its not loud because it has nothing to prove.

• Stupid spell check... loud damn it!

• Lmao that's great xD

• Feel free to message me if you want to experience my sexist side full on lol

• its all a street cred thing here in the uk but a lot won't do it because the insurers will substantally increase premiums , i don't like it loud but in reality you can end up with asbo (anti social behaviour order) here aswell for noise

• Because they want them to sound fast when theyre really slow as hell

• Nope, not my reason. :) Maybe for some, though.

• because some idiots enjoy the looks of people... even if they just look because you annoy them.

• Lol, not me. I'm the shyest girl you'll ever meet but I love my cars loud ^_^

• or really sick bastards :D depends on the point of view.

• Bahaha, good point. xD

• Personally, I do not like it and I could not understand why someone like it.

• I don't understand why someone would want an aftermarket exhaust on an automatic transmission car (other than for performance reasons), but I love to hear manuals with loud exhausts because there's no better sound than when someone's shifting through gears. <3

• Bc they want it

What Girls Said 4

• Its because they might think it's "badass" or something. I personally love car engines, but not the rusty kind :)

• Aw :( I hate driving behind them when they're doing wheelies too. *cringe* It scares the crap outta me.

• I agree :)!

• Both my cars have broken exhausts and sound like they have "Sports Exhausts" on. It's so embarrassing :(

• Lol, yes! It's so fuckin' lame. Every time I hear and see those cars I think, wow... you're a cool guy -__-

• Hmmm well it makes it worse when a Civic is and never was designed to be a fast car.

• @Averageusername pretty much, and they sound like lawn mower engines that are about to explode xD I hear a shit ton of em' around where I live sadly.

• God I love my 4 bangers. I don't care if they're slow; it's not the speed that makes the car fun. :) And you're lucky for hearing lots of them around where you live. I wish I could hear more around here. :(

• Nah it depends if you like cars... i love cars and everything about them especially the sound! Its a beautiful sound like music to me lol