How do you know if a company wants to move you up or fire you?

I know both are opposite, but please answer

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay. I am assuming you are serious. First they don't "move you up" You do that. You get them to do that, to be more specific. And it is important to have the lines of communication open so you never need to ask the question that you just did. If you are asking that you aren't managing your boss well.

You need to have a career talk with them, discuss performance, what they see you doing, and then share what you want to do then start to involve them in that plan. Remember they dont care much what happens to you but if you can have that talk, it gives a way to enlist their advocacy.

Next get a mentor. Someone fairly senior that can advise you and help you figure out what to do to advance. They can also go to bat for you. The more senior the better. Should be someone 2-3 levels above your boss.

Hope that helps.

What Guys Said 5

• It would probably be the way they treat you; the way your boss shows appreciation for your work or not or the way your boss criticizes your work. You never really know because it's often hard to tell. In any case, they would have talked to you if you've done something wrong like a meeting of some sort.

• Often it comes down to progress reports. Are you getting good progress reports, fair ones or poor one. If they are good, you are probably looking at promotion, otherwise...

Another good indicator is how your supervisors supervisors treat you, do they treat you well, ignore you or avoid you? If they are aware of your existence and treat you well, you are probably on your way up.

• Well my managers love me
      Their bosses love me too. But for my job you need a college degree and I don't have one. Only two years. Their boss asked me if I had s degree. Basically asking me if I would want to be a a manger

• sounds like you are moving up. Or are at least getting noticed (that's a good thing)

• I never had a job before but i guess u should just keep an eye on ur manager. You should also know what ur co-workers are saying about u.

• Well, usually through your reviews.

• Best way to know is how they treat you, like are you included or excluded?

• Included

• Yeah. They also tell me they love how I work

• Promotion maybe soon

What Girls Said 1

• It's actually hard to tell and you cannot be certain unless they announce it to you in a direct way.