Do you think prostitution should be legalized?

• Yes, it should be legal.
  • No, it should stay illegal.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. There are many men who bemoan their single-hood. Let them get laid so they can shut up. The government turns a profit from it and can start paying off the debt that we owe. Legalizing marijuana would helps as well as taxing the rich the APPROPRIATE taxes instead of forcing that burden onto the middle class.

• I don't understand how people aren't thinking of BROTHELS that would be regulated instead of dirty sleazy back alley BJs.

• Some people need it, chrisbigman. And it would help us out. A lot.

• Good luck with that last objective, capital can move faster around the globe than people can. I agree with the first 2 though.

What Guys Said 24

• Yes it should be legal, and then it should be regulated for everyone's safety just like any other industry. The dangers surrounding prostitution revolves around it being illegal, so there is no protection for those that are involved in it.

• If a woman has the legal right to have sex for free, because she wants to, because the guy is rich, because she pities him, because he is famous, etc etc then why should she not be able to have sex for money. If we legalized it it could then be regulated and reduce the risk of disease and abuse for the prostitutes and could actually allow for them to gain the benefits that come with being imployed. A construction worker or miner sells his strength, a intelligent man his intellect, a actor or commedian his entertainment, why not a woman her sex, especially since its her body and her choice.

• Its so beneficial for the following reasons:
    - Legalizing it will regulate it. Crime will be reduced and things like sex trafficking won't happen as much because people have legal avenues of getting this.
    - The stigma will disappear which will help both sex workers and their clients
    - Many men don't have the choice of having casual sex like females do. So they can get this solution without a negative stigma.
    - Many men can't get sex with hot women:) Another solution.

• Part-Part. I think street-prostitution should still be illegal. I do agree with legalising brothels though if they meet certain criterias for the prostitutes there as well as hygienic standards.

• Yes. I think prostitution should be legalized, regulated, and taxed. I think the tax would lead to more tax revenue for states, and cities. Plus by regulating it would make it safer for both the clients and prostitutes.

• I agree. As it is now, prostitutes and their Johns can't even go to police if someone hurts or robs them because they could be arrested. This makes it far more dangerous than it needs to be.

• Eh.

Prostitution is de facto legalized already. Open up your Yellow Pages to "Escorts" and take a look.

Should it be flat out as accepted just like dentists offices, or security companies, etc? No, I don't think so. Part of what helped make the USA great was one man, for one woman. Our culture took men's desire for lots of carefree sex, and women's alpha fux/beta bux desires, and made both compromise. Men could get sex, if they were willing to work hard, and better themselves, be husbands and fathers. Women could get sex if they were willing to be chaste and faithful to one man.

Prostitution should stay illegal, frowned upon.

• I would have all prostitution controlled by state for the safety of women and customers away from the criminals

• I'm really not sure. I think it's pretty messed up profession but the one place in the U. S. it is legal it's safe. However, those women aren't dirt poor they are attractive so they make a bunch of money and work with an organization. Most prostitutes in my country are just really poor people with major issues in their life so making it legal probably wouldn't help out their situation any or the clients.

• Not for selfish reasons. It exists and has been called the oldest profession. Give them safe working conditions regular health check ups and no pimps. Remove the right to the job if they fail a drug test. Now the benefits to people. Less risk of desiese rape crime. I can't see a benefit of not legalizing it.

• no it would decrease productivity in both men and women. why would a woman want to get a good job if she could get rich by being a whore then marrying some rich simp and being set for life?

and the problem thailand has where it forces younger people to be prostitutes would be a problem too.

lastly the amount of stds that would spring up is ridiculous

• Having televisions legal decreases productivity in both men and women. Should those be illegal as well?

• 1. Most places do not have such a policy in place, unless you drag the companies name into the porn you are making somehow, such as wearing their uniform in the video.

2. Anyone that would become a prostitute just because school got hard, didn't ever have the drive to contribute to society in the first place. Other places have it legal have already and there are still people doing other jobs.

3. Most women are never going to be okay with being a prostitute. Even if most women wanted to be prostitutes it isn't like they would all qualify for the job, and even if they did supply and demand would lower how much they got paid to the point the number in that industry would balance out like every other job in the service industry would.

4. Not with proper regulation and inspections. If anything it would decrease the problem. Having any industry legal without proper regulation will always result in more people having their rights violated.

• Also if there were so many willing prostitutes as you claim in your third reason, there would be no market for enslaved prostitutes like you claim there would be in your fourth reason. So both of these problems could not possibly happen at the same time.

• Yes, but simply because sluts should be taxed too.

• Why keep it illegal and leave it in hands of the organize crime when the government can perfectly have full control over it and regulate the way it have been managed?

• What someone does with there body is there business, if girls want to sell themselves then go ahead. As for the guys paying for them, none of my business.

• No, it modern day slavery. A prostitute take a lot of abuse from her pimp. Physical verbal or otherwise.

• Yes but thats only the trafficked ones...

• Pretty sure she meant brothels only, my dude. No one wants to legalize forced sex slavery. Except corrupt greedy people.

• Even non-trafficked ones gets abused, it just doesn't get reported. It you report your boss, your fired. It's like a trap especially if the person being pimped is uneducated. It is their only source of money and is a full time job or your fired.

• Yes. I want to have sex dammit!

• I don't see any harm in it, as long as the person choices to be one

• I'm a libertarian, so absolutely yes.

• We are all adults here. We don't need the government to regulate sex.

• Some adults can't get laid at all. On top if that, many of those women aren't protected. Otherwise I would have agreed.

• Yeah, but that comes with being a sovereign citizen. Making decisions for yourself. That includes the right to take stupid risks.

• I think why not. What so u think?

• Absolutely, might as well be regulated for everyone's safety.

• This world is going to shit. 63% say yes... Have we completely lost sight of our morals?

• So what makes you think it is ok to eforce your morals on other people. Think your better then therest of us so you can tell us if uts good kr bad. Fuck you and your morals.

• ^^ this is exactly what I'm talking about. Obviously no education or morals.

• Your personal morals should not impose on someone else's. It's purely irrational and not to mention hypocritical because I'm sure you wouldn't want that done to you.

Grow up, kid.

• Yes, since free and equal women are basically a bunch of whores and dating is basically legal prostitution

• Are you planning on going into the industry. I know a good pimp if you are.

• I'm good haha.

• Well you do have hands and mouth, no?
      hands and mouth are essential for making prostitution a lucrative business. Hand jobs and Blow jobs are the most affordable/liked thing in the industry of selling sexual pleasure for currency

• Eh, I don't think I'd be capable of doing that to someone I'm not attracted to.

• Only reason it's not legal: It's not taxed.

You'd have to do your own taxes with it, which is next to almost impossible to do.

Otherwise, why shouldn't it be legal?

• Actually in some places it is legal and taxed already. The people wanting to be prostitutes apply for a job, go through health screenings, and their earnings are recorded by their employer. The main reason it isn't legal is because people have ethical issues about what other people should be allowed to do with their own bodies.

Also do to it being illegal, it has created all sorts of underworld related problems, similar to how prohibition of alcohol lead to increased crime, as well as the prohibition of weed, has increased gang violence. People then confuse this crime with the act of prostitution instead of realizing that having it illegal is what has lead to the increase in crime in the first place. The problem is that anything illegal lacks government regulation and protection, but people don't want to accept that.

What Girls Said 7

• its so horrible in my town, the cops don't give a fuck and i think its gross. My two year old daughter should not be forced into seeing twacked out bitches all over town.
    -_- keep it classy and its cool but literally the bitches all over my town are tore up.

• There's nothing wrong with selling your assets. ANd if it is legalized then the people working in the industry will become much safer. and it will help cut back on the passing of diseases because there will be rules and regulations passed. And hey taxes will be collected. And this country loves taxes.

• Thats horrible

• I couldn't care less if it's legal or not

• I hope not really i mean it

• I think the only reason it isn't is because the state can't tax it

• Its going to happen anyways so why not make it legal, safe, controlled and make a profit off it...