Does anybody know how long a police record check is valid for?

I wanted to know in the event i apply for another job in a retirement/nursing home. I live in Ontario by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think a check is done each time you apply for a new job

What Guys Said 2

• In the states each place considering hiring u runs there own police and backround check

• Background checks aren't "valid". It's too be done each time.

What Girls Said 4

• A year or two. It should say how recent the background check needs to be on the posting. You can also call your local police station and ask.

• i think every new job will do a back ground check?
    I've gotten one every time i've gotte a job. but then again i'm in cali

• Don't know what it is for Ontario but an arrest record typically follows someone their whole life. Unless you're a murderer, sex offender, or a banker that got caught embezzling large sums of money you don't have to talk about it after 7years or so.

• Here in England i had to have a CRB which is very much the same as a police record check and in this country it lasts for 5 years ( i think) i have been working for a care company for just over 5 years now and i have had to have 2 CRB's done