Tipping at quick service resteraunts etc?

How much do you tip? Usually I leave at least 10% and sometimes up to 30%. I almost always tip

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't tip at a restaurant unless the service was exceptional.

Waitresses in the UK get at least minimum wage, so they don't rely on tips to survive as much as they do in USA.

Also, I never tip into the tip jar, because managers are often shady and take that money for themselves, even the till or split it between everyone, if they a half decent human.

I don't think a tipping jar system is fair, because there are always hard workers and lazy fuckers and I don't believe the lazy fuckers deserve to be given an equal amount as the hard working staff. So I'll always give money to the server personally and if there's a tip jar present, I do it discretely so their manager doesn't notice and try to force the waitress to put it in that shitty jar of corruption.

When I do tip, it's usually £5 - £15.

What Guys Said 4

• 15% is usually what I go for at restaurants. If I'm living in the "broke-college-student" zone, I go to 10%. If the service was completely awful though, I won't tip. Tips are only meant as a compliment and a thanks for their service.

• Usually 20% unless bill small, might go a bit more then

• I never tip. It's not my responsibility to pay their salary.

• About 20%. I go up to make it an even dollar amount. I don't eat out often. If the service is shitty or they're rude, they can suck a nut and not have a tip.

What Girls Said 1

• I do 10-15 for quick restaurants and 20+ for nicer