Anyone else get depressed around their birthday?

I'm turning 22.. feel so old! I just feel like I expected to much more out of myself and I thought I'd be further than I am now. So many disappointments. I feel like I'm becoming more jaded. On top of that me and my girlfriend broke up 5 months ago.. we were together for 2.5 years. I'm lonely as hell.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I was still 22 knowing what I know now I'd be on top of the world lol if u feeling like that now then wait til u hit later years hopefully u don't go downhill but start to benefit from life experience and appreciate it more. Everyone gets lonely at some point and hurt by relationship breakdowns but u learn from them and make less mistakes and it really does get better like a fine wine.

• Yeah I've been bitching a lot and everyone in their 30s will tell me this. I am taking the steps towards success I just don't feel satisfied tbh.

• Hey you'll get there set target and try hard to achieve them. Even partially achieving them will go someway to getting you through some of the emotions you are going through. Don't beat yourself up.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Well, just be happy you will live to see a 22nd B- day because not everyone is so fortunate. And second, don't focus so much on what you haven't done yet. You can't put a age number on life accomplishments, because life isn't predictable. And third, if your lonely, do something about it. You shouldn't throw any pity parties because those are never cool to go to. And happy birthday for whenever it comes.

• On certain big birthdays I might get a bit down - Other than that I am okay

• Yeah a little since I have no one to celebrate it with.